Multituner und EPG Grabber (1 Viewer)

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Cool! Danke! Ist das ein riesen Akt das auf 1.5 basierend zu machen? Nicht dass da seiteneffekte auftreten die man vielleicht erst später bemerkt oder so...

Edit ... Zu spät gesehen! Danke für die 1.5er Version! Werde es später testen und berichten.

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Scheint gut zu funktionieren! Habe beide Grabber an. Vorher epg resetet und auf ein Kanal geschaltet. Sind jetzt 15 Minuten um und fast alle Kanäle haben nun EPG! Top, genau was ich wollte. Danke!

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Freue mich, dass es zu klappen scheint, wäre nett, wenn ir weiter feedback gebt :)
    TVE3 ist zwar im feature freeze, aber vllt. bekomme ich es ja für TVE3.5 rein, mal sehen ;)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000
    I know that on your long long list is the EPG rework and that is the reason why I'm taging you here :)
    The users here are requesting EPG grabbing on free tuners also not *all* tuners are idle. Don't know if you already made up your mind about that stuff, but maybe you can note it somewhere in the back of your mind.

P.S.
    maybe I should mention that I provided a patch for TVE3 in this thread and the first impression looks good :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think the current situation was created by design. Updating the database at the end of EPG grabbing can cause stuttering in timeshifting/recording. That is why we have the ability to disable the timeshift EPG grabber and the idle EPG grabber only grabs when all tuners are idle.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is only the case if you have a weak system. I tried it with a dual core system and had not such problems.
    But let's see what the users here say :)

Nevertheless I think to have such an option in the end would be cool.
    It would be also very useful for my dad's HTPC, we have to use webEPG right now :) So I can imagane that this is a feature for a broughter user base and not only for a very special group.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried it with a dual core system and had not such problems.
    It is more about the storage speed than CPU. Writing to the DB at the same time as timeshifting causes the IO to be less sequential and more randomised. For people that don't have SSDs or RAM disks this can be an issue... or sometimes even if you do have those it can be an issue:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-lot-of-artifacts.117848/page-14#post-1027133

But let's see what the users here say :)

Nevertheless I think to have such an option in the end would be cool.
    Sure, I'm not ruling it out. Of course you know the full situation... :)

It would be also very useful for my dad's HTPC, we have to use webEPG right now :) So I can imagane that this is a feature for a broughter user base and not only for a very special group.
    Is something wrong or inferior with WebEPG?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is something wrong or inferior with WebEPG?
    I have to more precise, I use xmltv in combination with webGrab+
    If the website changes you have to update everything which is a lot of work. Also sometimes (~every 6 month) the tvguide.xml gets corrupted and some channels don't have EPG anymore (more a problem of webGrab+ I think).
    Also grabbing takes a lot of time, it is running at night, but for a normal machine which isn't running 24/7 like my HTPC this is not suitable.
    And last one: sometime you don't get some EPG changes quick enough, because it is only updated once a day. I know that you don't get last minute chnages with the current EPG implementation, but it is still better :)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah another point: Sometimes it is hard to find a good source for Sky EPG data, often there are some channels missing :)

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Könnte man bitte eine 1.6 Version bringen wenn es funktioniert gibts von mir natürlich eine spende...

Denn aktuell beingt mir mein 2 tuner nicht wirklich was... Ich wäre euch / dir sehr Dankbar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom