Mum! Dad's broken the telly again! (2 Viewers)

How much touble are you usually in because you've broken your htpc again?

• Total voters

theidiot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    I really should stop fiddling... but I can't.

Attachments

• 2012-05-25 07.54.57.jpg
      2012-05-25 07.54.57.jpg
      290.6 KB

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    :) hehe, no fun leaving stuff alone tho is it.

btw I believe the anti static bag your motherboard is sat on conducts electricity if ur running it like that whilst testing ;)

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ^^
    I know these kind of problems.
    On the one hand my girl friend loves all the possibilities on the other she often is to afraid to use the system because I've changed to much again :p

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I have learnt.....
    I used to get so much grief but I then just bought a second machine and tested on that first :D

Still get far too much grief though :rolleyes:

SimondusMaximus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Ha ha, love the picture! Is that your tribute to Spaghetti junction's 40th anniversary?

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hehe I'm also testing everything on my standard PC and only when it works I'll do it on my production system using VNC :)
    It's a much better behaviour even though it's also not griefless (by the way one of the best Grip Inc. songs ever :p ) :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I once gave up on TV on MP (analogue via STB is a PITA)..... didn't take long time until TV-feature was missed. ("Do I really need all these remotes!?" "Where are the movies?","YOU put on some music!").

My answer would be:
    "Not much after I stopped fixing things that worked"

xetic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 29, 2010
    Bonn/Alfter
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    very nice hehee...
    first i testing it on my pc, then i take it over to my prod htpc :)

it is better, because sometimes i want only watch tv after the work, nothing else! Don't bugfix or something else :)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    My wife gets annoyed with me when I tell her that she is not providing enough detail with her bug reports and I can't fix anything when the description is only "I tried to switch it on and it didn't work, why can't we just have a normal TV like a normal family" (I am not sure what a "normal family" is, but they must be odd if they aren't using MP!)

I won a blueray player last year which had quite a lot of media functions. I told her I could get rid of MP and just use the blueray player with the TV tuner (don't worry, I was just calling her bluff), and when I explained all the things she wouldn't be able to do, she said "but why would you want to use something that can't do everything MediaPortal-thingy can do?"

Little does she know that she will soon be an MP1.3.0 Alpha tester :)

Users who are viewing this thread