[solved] Music playback hangs (1 Viewer)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same result for me but that track does seem to be corrupt in some way. It should play 5.21 but as you noticed it finishes, early, for me 10 or so seconds, following some kind of skip on the 5 .00 minute point and it does exactly the same when played with Windows Groove Music and MPC-BE though I have not yet tested with those player in a playlist.
    Ongoing.

UPDATE:- If that BJH track is included in a playlist in both MPC-BE and Groove Music next track does play so yes something flaky/over sensitive in MP music player.:eek:

Thanks for testing!

You're right, the song stops earlier than it's supposed to be.

When I press the >> button the next track is played without issues.

@ajs Do you see any chance to make the playback more error tolerant, like other media players are?
    I've several media files with exactly the same behaviour.
    To my understanding the disposing (memory clear) fails. Is it possible to log an error message and continue with the next track in case it fails?

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    We should put this change request on hold.
    The reported error is not fixed by this change. The "GCHandle of Musicstream not found in Dictionary" error is even logged when Gaplesss Playback is disabled.
    Well, it isn't perse to fix the error, but as you said gapless playback doesn't work with WASAPI so I think this is the best way to make the user aware of it.
    In that case I will not uncheck the setting, but just disable it

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could repair the media files which caused the issue with the MP3val tool:
    1586085770217.png

Now the files are played without issues, even when the Gapless Playback option is enabled.

But independent from the corrupt file issue I just found out that the forward function also causes the "GCHandle of Musicstream not found in Dictionary" error with healthy MP3 files, when the track is forwarded for less then 20 seconds to the end. But this is a minor error. It doesn't happen with FLAC files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom