Music playlist broken (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yeah, i think i can help for remote debugging :)
    First you need to compil MP (but you surely know how to do that) :)

I'm quoting old post (from Chemelli thanks to him) that work for me (vs2010) maybe it was added to wiki too :

Code:
    HTPC: machine to debug
    DEVPC: machine with VS2008 used for debugging

HTPC:

Install Remote Debugging from VS2008 media.
    Start Remote Debugging Wizard: yes to run as a service ( leave localsystem, no pwd ), allow only local LAN machines.
    Open service.msc, change credentials of Visual Studio 2008 Remote debugging: use the same user who is logged on HTPC. (Receive the notification that user received the run-as-service rights).
    If on x64,run regedit and navigate to HKLM->system->currentcontrolset->services->msvsmon90: change path from .../x64/... to .../x86/...
    Stop and start service
    Create a user on the HTPC machine with the same login and pwd as the one that is logged on the DEVPC.

DEVPC:

Create a user on the DEVPC machine with the same login and pwd as the one that is logged on the HTPC.
    Make it part of the Administrators group.
    Start VSS2008 with "run as admin".

Code:
    Additional steps for VS2010SP1:

If on x64,run regedit and navigate to HKLM->system->currentcontrolset->services->msvsmon100: change path from .../x64/... to .../x86/...
    If on x64,copy "rdbgservice.exe" from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\x64\" to ...\x86\ path
    Stop and start service
    Disable the firewall or add the necessary ports ( I suspect 8594-8595 TCP, but did not investigate yet)

I don't remember doing the VS2010SP1 part, but for sure the remote debug works.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmmm.... I discovered the behaviour using Alchemy as well as Milkdrop. And you just mentioned yourself that you had some odd behaviour using Alchemy?
    So I doubt that it is related to Milkdrop alone.

True, but only on the first attempt while using visualization. All the other tests went fine.
    But since you're able to easily reproduce this, i'm sure @Sebastiii can help you out with that :)

luckless.sucker

Portal Member
    July 22, 2005
    AC - Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmmm... somehow i suspect that I've screamed "here" way too loud... :cautious:

Well I'll definitely try that little remote debugging thingie :sneaky: , but for sure it'll take several days until I'll be able to report back with any success. There's just not much time left between family and work.:unsure:

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can confirm this issue absolutely. I do not think that it is an issue only on specific machines. I have a central TV server and several clients (desktop, laptop, eeebox) all show the same problem as long as I use the BASS player engine. When I change to internal dshow player everything works fine!
    All systems run on Win7 pro with latest patches. All clients have latest MePo release 1.4.0.

So it would be really important to fix this issue. will try to find out more or to send logs later.

Thanks André[DOUBLEPOST=1372272372][/DOUBLEPOST]Switched back to Bass Engine and started to play tracks very fast until I got an error message in MePo

Error log:
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,615] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadControl(XmlNode node, IDictionary`2 defines)
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,780] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadControl(XmlNode node, IDictionary`2 defines)
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,781] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,783] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,805] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,806] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,807] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:41:16,809] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to load control. exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    [2013-06-26 20:42:33,747] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - BASS: Play caused an exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei MediaPortal.MusicPlayer.BASS.BassAudioEngine.Play(String filePath).
    [2013-06-26 20:42:33,910] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - m:\_NEU\Beatsteaks\Muffenhausen\03 Access Adrenalin (aufgenommen im.mp3 - skipping track!

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yet another hint from error log:

[2013-06-26 20:49:16,191] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - PlaylistPlayer: *** unable to play - m:\_NEU\Beatsteaks\Muffenhausen\03 Access Adrenalin (aufgenommen im.mp3 - skipping track!
    [2013-06-26 20:49:19,309] [Error ] [BASS Stop] [ERROR] - BASS: Stop command caused an exception - Auf das verworfene Objekt kann nicht zugegriffen werden.
    Objektname: "MediaPortalApp".. bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
    bei MediaPortal.MusicPlayer.BASS.BassAudioEngine.ShowVisualizationWindow(Boolean visible)
    bei MediaPortal.MusicPlayer.BASS.BassAudioEngine.HandleSongEnded()
    bei MediaPortal.MusicPlayer.BASS.BassAudioEngine.<Stop>b__1()

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can also confirm the problem with BASS. Switching to internalDshow driver leads to a hanging system when trying to play radio streams :(
    Steps to reproduce:
    • Go to a folder in music
    • play first song
    • navigate with keyboard to another song
    • press enter
    most likely this song will not start but one of the following. Repeat navigating up and dopwn and start another song (enter) while one is playing

But it works when you first stop playback (b). I can play all songs in the list when I stop playback before starting the next one.

luckless.sucker

Portal Member
    July 22, 2005
    AC - Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As nice as it is to see someone having the same problems as I experienced, I still doubt that it will help the dev team to identify the problem. As long as a bug can't be reproduced, it's hard to find the real cause for that bug.

most likely this song will not start but one of the following. Repeat navigating up and dopwn and start another song (enter) while one is playing
    But it works when you first stop playback (b). I can play all songs in the list when I stop playback before starting the next one.

I also experienced this problem, but I don't know whether it's really related to the previously mentioned bug. The playlist-problem is gone as soon as I disable visualization. That makes me think that the problem is somehow related to the visualization. The problem usDesign describes here also occurs when visualization is turned off.

@André: I didn't find any sign of an exception in my log files, maybe there's yet another problem?

I'll hopefully be able to get into the remote debugging part this afternoon.

@Sebastiii: Does VS also handle remote deployment or will I have to build a debug version of MP and create the required environment myself?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii: Does VS also handle remote deployment or will I have to build a debug version of MP and create the required environment myself?

Hi,
    Not sure to follow you :) but i do like this i build debug MP DLL + PDB, copy that to my HTPC and from my DEV PC, i remote connect on mediaportal.exe within VS2010 from my dev pc.
    I think you need core.dll/pdb for sure maybe windowplugins but try first with core.dll, i didn't env setup (like directx sdk etc.) on htpc :)

You could try my fork build, i have do some experimentation about BASS stop sequence etc. but it's a workaround and not sure it will solve your issue.
    https://github.com/Sebastiii/MediaPortal-1
    The current branch is '1.4.0Fork_SEB_New_Master' (strange name hey ? lol).

I will pm you separate installer without debug dll for trying :)

polze83

Portal Member
    August 26, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got the same problems like uxDesign and azimek.

When i play a few songs the first is playing fine, but the second is skipped. Sometimes another song in the playlist is played for a few seconds but then it also will be skipped.
    This only is happenig with the BASS-Player - the internalDshow is working fine (but there is a blank screen in the Fullscreen view)

The Log's are in the attachment.

luckless.sucker

Portal Member
    July 22, 2005
    AC - Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I finally managed to find the necessary settings to savely reproduce the odd track-skipping behaviour (the one I started this thread for):

change the BASS cross-fading setting to 0.00 seconds :)
    Changing this setting introduced this odd behaviour to my fresh MP instalation on my developement machine.

Maybe I try to debug it myself tomorrow :sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom