I thought I should chime in since I've been a MediaPortal user for about a year and never contributed.
I too am having issues with music playlists running MP 1.4. My issues are similar to those described by luckless and roccon. Except in my case, every even# title in the playlist is skipped. The first title in the playlist plays flawlessly. A popup box, "Unable to play: <even # titles>" is displayed between songs.
The "NowPlaying" screen is a mess after the first song: "Artist Information", "Album Information", "Top Albums/Tags" and "Lyrics" info is not displayed for any subsequent songs after the first.
1) Eveything worked fine under MP 1.3.
2) Running Win_7, Titan Extended.
3) I've never used visualisation.
4) I've always downloaded the TV component, but I've never configured TV.
5) The problem occures when playback engine is configured as BASS or WASAPI. Music works fine when playback engine is Internal DSHOW.
6) All music files are .mp3, .mp4, or .m4a. All music files are on local drives.
7) Today tried setting Cross-fading from zero to one second. It seems to magically clean up most if not all issues when playback engine is BASS.
I've attached two Watchdog logs, both with first option "Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal" selected. The first log is 15_09 when Crossfading equals zero, and ends after second song "For What It's Worth" is skipped. The second log is 15_14 when Crossfading equals one second, and ends soon after second song "For What It's Worth" starts playing.
I too have been having this problem. It's only started recently though. I use the wasapi player with no visualisations and when I try to play an album it would play the 1st track then it would skip 1 or 2 tracks saying it was unable to play them. I've managed to get it to play a full album, without skipping any tracks by setting (I think it's called) the fading crossover to .20. This way I hardly have any crossover (like a cheap DJ), but now have a different problem. Some tracks now stutter, only briefly, like a scratch on a CD!
I don't understand it because everything was working fine a week ago. I haven't changed anything, it's just stopped working!