[Music] Music "sort by" AlbumArtist (2 Viewers)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
To respond directly to what you said in your first post...
Please, please please could you add the option to sort by album artist in album listing. This will allow MP to have all albums by various artists sorted together. See attached screen grab for where it needs adding.
For me, all various artist albums are already grouped together in album view. If this doesn't work for you then perhaps your music is not tagged correctly.

Yes it does group the together but doesn't then sort by album name (disc number).

Also add a secondary sort on album name so that ....disc 1 and ....disc 2 are always in correct sort order.
This is the thing that I agree MP doesn't appear to support currently. The order of albums for an artist appears to be random.

In my opinion the view isn't intended to work the way you want. This is pretty clear from the name and the fact that the default album sort (within album view) is name. The album artist views are intended to provide the hierarchy you appear to be asking for. As per my previous post: I guess the only reason to want to use album view in the way you described is if you want to see all albums for all artists at the same level.
Correct, that's what I have been asking for. Exactly as you would store CDs on a shelf[DOUBLEPOST=1443309111][/DOUBLEPOST]
@sleepycol

The issue is you cannot view in albumview, sorted by artist and have disc 1 and 2 in correct order. Eg you need a secondary sort on album name after artist sort:
What you've said appears to be true. What I don't understand is why you would want to do this in album view. In particular: if you want the sorting that you described in your example, why do you not use the standard "album artists" or "album artists (index)" views? Is the reason that you want to see all albums from all artists at the top level?

Yes, that's exactly the reason. As you would store CDs on a shelf.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
Has this issue been looked at? Its been a request for a long time and is fundamental to any music fan and media software.....

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately the are still some bugs in WASAPI music player -> Link <-. It would be great, if these issues could be fixed in one of the upcoming version.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @hwahrmann completely reworks this mode, waiting for comments from him.

to be honest, i was waiting for comments from you guys, but as i got no single test result, i think there not too much interest.
    I am currently tied up with too much real life stuff and can't dedicate any development time to MP. Hopefully in autumn it will get better.
    then i will have a look at MP2 and see how / if i can help there

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,

Was this ever resolved in MP1? I don't want to move to MP2 due to Moving Pictures database not being compatible.

Thanks,
    Colin

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    due to Moving Pictures database not being compatible.
    You easily can make the MovingPictures Database MP2 "compatible". Simply use a tool to generate .nfo out of your MovPic database (there are some available here in the forum, I have used MovPicNfo back in time as I changed from MP1 to MP2) and everything you've scrapped and/or manually corrected in MovPic can be used inside MP2, Kodi, Emby, Plex,... without loosing anything you may have adjusted by hand... And if you later want to go back to MP1 you still can re- import anything stored in those .nfo files into MovPic or Myvideos too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom