MusicInfo Handler (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MusicInfo Handler is a plugin that will attempt to download music related data based on your music collection. This requires your collection to be tagged correctly and scanned into the database.

Artist Thumbs
    Plugin will attempt to download missing artist thumbs from fanart.tv (and if none available there from theaudiodb.com)

Artist Fanart
    Plugin will attempt to download three fanart images for each artist from fanart.tv (and theaudiodb.com if necessary).
    This is downloaded to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\music
    So it will not overwrite existing fanart scraped by fanart handler which is stored in the scraper folder. Fanart Handler is still required to make images display in MP and if you want to avoid duplicates I suggest you delete the previously scraped fanart

Artist Clear Logo
    Plugin will attempt to download artist clear logos from fanart.tv to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\ClearArt
    You need a skin that is capable of displaying this info

Artist Bio
    You now have the choice to download artist bios from either allmusic.com or theaudiodb.com which has (limited) multi-language support

Album Thumbs
    Plugin will download album covers from fanart.tv (generally really good quality 1000x1000 images)

CD Art
    Plugin will download CD Art to
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Music\cdArt
    You need a skin that is capable of showing these images

Album Review
    You now have the choice to download album reviews from either allmusic.com or theaudiodb.com which has (limited) multi-language support

For this history see:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/automated-artist-album-scraping.99812/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/music-info-bios-fanart-thumbs-cdart.120546/

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This is provided as is and my time for support will be (very) limited.
    The GUI plugin part will still do what it did previously (look at allmusic.com only)

Please feel free to report issues and suggest changes / additions but this might take me months to implement

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi J,
    excellent work (y)
    work fine for me ... (even allmusic web block her in china) i use theaudiodb web option and work fine :D
    all images scrap down with no issue (fanart , clearart,clear log)....

if you look for a bag ... see screen ... some charter in artist bio ....

thanks for the update (y)

Attachments

• 2014-09-28_221244.jpg
      2014-09-28_221244.jpg
      170.4 KB

zag2me

Portal Pro
    April 11, 2006
    Home Country
    England England
    if you look for a bag ... see screen ... some charter in artist bio ....
    This the Andreas Bocelli in letters of the phonetic alphabet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Phonetic_Alphabet

Yes this is not a problem, its how Wikipedia shows how to pronounce a name.

Also TADB supports chinese characters, but we don't have many chinese translators. Would be nice to gain a few! All that needs doing is copying artist biographies from http://zh.wikipedia.com :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @jameson_uk ,

Depending on the particular system setup and the speed of the PC, it can be a while until the internet connection becomes operational. I noticed that from time to time a MePo eror.log is created that literally contains thousands of error entries that www.allmusic.com could not be resolved. Could you imagine to modify your latest version in a way that it checks for available internet connection or alternatively is not running in a dead loop creating 10000 log entries per second?

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Depending on the particular system setup and the speed of the PC, it can be a while until the internet connection becomes operational. I noticed that from time to time a MePo eror.log is created that literally contains thousands of error entries that www.allmusic.com could not be resolved. Could you imagine to modify your latest version in a way that it checks for available internet connection or alternatively is not running in a dead loop creating 10000 log entries per second?
    I thought it did check but if I get some spare time I will look and improve the code (I will also make it so you can start scraping manually and also add your own delay to auto-starting)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This is not brilliant but I have made a change that will help.
    The config now has the option to auto start scraping with MP or not and also to add a delay if auto-starting (this defaults to 60 seconds to allow MP time to startup).

You can now kick off scraping from the plugin (as long as it is not already scraping). If there is no option then it should be scraping already.

Updated to 3.1 in MPEI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom