mVids - Music Video Database (1 Viewer)

Nib

September 28, 2008
Hi,
I also want to say thanks for that great plugin...

1. How do you get just a simple list of the songs?

Is there a answer about this question?

I have the same problem. I just can switch between "Artist View", "Gernre View", "Style View", "Tones", "Top 100" and "Recent View".I want to view all my clips alphabetically in one list.

xjr41

July 2, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Just wondered if there were any MePo hover logos out there for mVids? Or if anyone of you graphic experts was planning on creating one?

Thanks,
Steve.

p13man

Portal Pro
November 20, 2008
Home Country
xjr41 asks:
Just wondered if there were any MePo hover logos out there for mVids? Or if anyone of you graphic experts was planning on creating one?

There are some unfinished animations in the skin/[skin-name]/media/animations subfolder. I have no idea who was or is responsible for them or if they will be revived. Maybe some one whose been around longer than me knows.
I turned the one called 'musicvideo' into a low-bandwidth animated gif so that you could see it working.
It would be a fairly simple task to use one of the images as a hover - a slightly more complicated one to use the full animation.

Attachments

• musicvideo_1.gif
    musicvideo_1.gif
    280.3 KB

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
i have got no sound anymore after installing the latest svn
no matter which file format. the same file formats do play when a use tvseries or moving pictures.

nothing strang in the logs

anyone else using the latest svn and mvids ?

mickyblue

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Brisbane Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
i am by no means a programmer but how much work would it be to with jburnette's permission for someone to modify his mvids plugin and remove the parts that reference last.fm etc and just leave the underlying database and the ability to generate thumnails for each video,

i have a large collection of family videos, funnies that i would love to have thumbnails of aswell as a nice layout, we have the fantastic plugins that now deal with tvshows and commercial movies etc that load information from the internet so the standard my videos feature is only really used for family videos etc now but the stock myvideos has been lacking any upgrades in years.

i tried adding the file path to my videos to jburnette's mvids it imported the files without any issues i just used the file names "holiday 2006 - 1.avi" etc etc and it imported it fine and created the thumbnails perfectly, all it needs is a skin update to move ratings etc and it would be a near perfect upgrade for the my videos,

this to me would be the perfect solution and i would even go as far as using this but for now mvids is more important to me as a music video database so unfortunately i cant have both unless someone can modify his plugin. to allow to versions to run at the same time one for music and one for family videos etc

does anyone have any other ideas?

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Monochrome skinfile

Using Monochrome skin but the mvids plugin seems to use a streamedMP/Mediastream skinfile. Whats the reason for this and is there a skinfile for Monochrome, looks like it by the screenshots in the first post..

p13man

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Onyx666 -

Yes, but not just mVids -all sound.
    It looked like a compatibility problem with version number of the Bass engine. I didn't investigate, just swapped back to the previous installation but you might start by looking there.

Onyx666 -

Yes, but not just mVids -all sound.
    It looked like a compatibility problem with version number of the Bass engine. I didn't investigate, just swapped back to the previous installation but you might start by looking there.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Whenever I play a video from Mvids it does not open fullscreen. If I play the same file in my Videos it opens fullscreen. This happens to me in all skins even with the Blue3 skin file provided with mvids 0.2. I am using MP 1.0 Did I just miss a setting somewhere?

I was sure it used to open fullscreen :)

igor_uk

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    How do you add a song to the playlist to be played next? It always seems to add the wrong one, the first from the list rather than the one you right-clicked on.. I am using a keyboard and a mouse to control MP.

also when you move the mouse to left the menu does not appear (although the mail list leaves space for it!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom