mVids - Music Video Database (1 Viewer)

Nephilim

Extension Developer
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Sorry guys, school and work got the best of me for the past few months and I didn't really have time to keep up with the happenings here. I'm still committed to keeping this updated and still plan to release a new version that will hopefully fix the problems listed so far. If there are any more problems please let me know now so that I can add them to the list. Thanks a lot for the continued interest even in my absence.

Hi and welcome back.

Perhaps we could help if the source code will be made available... ;)

Bye,
Nephilim

zOnk.oNe

Portal Member
September 24, 2008
YO...I just added another 50 vids to my collection the other day and ran the update. I just wanted to say that i show this little plugin off to a lotta friends when they visit and everyone loves it. It's one of the things about my HTPC that many friends are 'jealous' of and leave wanting to start up their own HTPC. Great work on this and again, big thanks.

*The only problem that I did run into, was while updating the database, some files are obviously going to be mislabeled/identified. When manually editing that data, it would make a duplicate of an existing artist instead of just adding that new song to that artists list. Also, I'd get the 'unexpected error has occurred' when trying to manually edit the song name for some reason sometimes.

peace,
zOnk

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey jburnette is development still going on with this... Just a few pointers you could take from the last.fm plugin...

1... They seem to get much higher resolution art work than your one... I've just been skinning yours and the picture quality seems to be a fair bit lower quality than I remember..

2... It would be really good if you could use the default #Play.Current.Artist and #Play.Current.Album fields as then my large fan-art folder will work and the listing of artist and album will also work better in the musicoverlay.xml.

I think consistency between plug-ins is a good think, I"ve just skinned your plug.in and have made it look similar to my last.fm skin and the music skin for that matter... Here tell me what you think.

MVids
mvids.jpg

Last.FM
lastfmh.jpg

garyday

Portal Member
March 1, 2006
Dubai
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Problem with playback 1.02 ?

Guys,

I read that some people have a problem with mvids using 1.02, whenever it try to playback a video I get stuttering and loss of audio sync
(my amp keep flipping between audio and no audio).. the video runs really slow also.....

The videos orks fine so long as I dont play them through mvids...

Anyone got a workaround for this, mvids 0.3 ??? :)

Cheers

Gary

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Feature Suggestion

In Prasing test, right click on a filename, gives you the option to rename the actual file.

Thanks for this plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom