yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Iwerndly,

May I propose some features enhancements for upcoming releases:
    1. Exclusion of Hidden Files: For split files (e.g. movies), I use normally a hidden directory and a playlist to enable smooth playback. Seems like the plugin is not checking the specific attribute and therefore is not skipping these files / directories
    2. Is it possible to sort entries in the list by excluding leading "The", "A ", etc?. I am collecting now quite a lot of "The..." entries and I found the feature in Moving Picture quite convenient
    3. In the utilities menu, I propose to extend the list of unassociated files for TVDB towards MovieDB as well, showing only files which are not referenced by either TVDB or MovieDB
    4. Is it possible to include in the DB the AnimeDB relations info? EDIT: Just discovered that there is a similar entry in the Issues Section as Issue 59.

Thanks & Cheers,

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For starters, sorry for the long absence. I first was on vacation, and with the nice weather afterwards I wasn't using my HTPC much ... But I can see a lot happened while I was taking it easy! Good work!

Is it possible to sort entries in the list by excluding leading "The", "A ", etc?. I am collecting now quite a lot of "The..." entries and I found the feature in Moving Picture quite convenient

I was thinking about implementing the whole Moving Pictures' sorting method: Adding a 'sort title' property, and sort with this instead of the regular title. This would fix other sorting problems (example: currently 'Inital D Fourth Stage' is shown before 'Initial D Second Stage').

EDIT:
    I just figured out how to preserve the aspect ratio of the anime thumbs (so they aren't streched). Should this be optional?

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like a good idea.
    If possible an automatic parser for the standard issues I mentioned before would be good (i.e. deleting of Leading "the", "a", "an", etc)

Cheers,

Edit:
    Are you refering to he aspect ratio of the posters? - IMHO original aspect ratio should be preserved.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Did you make sure to copy over the image files from the Media folder, this needs to be done separately as of 2 releases ago.

What does this mean? I installed the new build as I always did. The last one I had installed was .9 though.

What do I have to copy where?

Previously you could copy the whole release directly into your "MediaPortal" folder.

You can still do that except for the "media" folder.
    This now has to be copied manually to the skin of your choice.

Hmm, tried doing this and it doesn't fix it. I copied the Media folder on the unpacked Anime 2 plugin directory and pasted it over the media folder inside the Streamed MP skin folder. But it's the same, just like this except it has the watched eye icons in the right place (if a bit overlapping with the text).

A lot of text goes off the right side of the monitor (is cut off), and there's that annoying date thing which I don't remember being there (and I see no use for, honestly).

Is it just a thing with the skin needing some tweaking?
    Is it an issue with my resolution? It's at 1440x900, and I was wondering what the ideal system resolution is for watching 720p stuff and using MP with Anime 2.

Also as you can tell in the second screencap, it doesn't show the background image, though it shows it outside the episode selection screen for the same series.

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What does this mean? I installed the new build as I always did. The last one I had installed was .9 though.

What do I have to copy where?

Previously you could copy the whole release directly into your "MediaPortal" folder.

You can still do that except for the "media" folder.
    This now has to be copied manually to the skin of your choice.

Hmm, tried doing this and it doesn't fix it. I copied the Media folder on the unpacked Anime 2 plugin directory and pasted it over the media folder inside the Streamed MP skin folder. But it's the same, just like this except it has the watched eye icons in the right place (if a bit overlapping with the text).

A lot of text goes off the right side of the monitor (is cut off), and there's that annoying date thing which I don't remember being there (and I see no use for, honestly).

Is it just a thing with the skin needing some tweaking?
    Is it an issue with my resolution? It's at 1440x900, and I was wondering what the ideal system resolution is for watching 720p stuff and using MP with Anime 2.

Have you deleted your cache folder? (on vista: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache)

Acoording to wikipedia, "720p has a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, a vertical resolution of 720 pixels and a horizontal resolution of 1280 pixels, or 1280x720, for a total of 921,600 pixels.". So 1280x720 would probably be best.

I also noticed the date for each episode. I assume it's the original broadcast date (in japan) ... which I don't find very useful indeed. Maybe showing this should be optional?

lwerndly

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Raytestrak said:
    I've just ordered a 1920x1080 monitor mostly for this, editting the xml's sitting in front of my tv was starting to become a hassle :D Could you please tell me how the watched icons in the listcontrol are handled? Like I said, I would like to change them to make it look more like MediaStream and less like StreamedMP. The small fonts of the date aren't present anywhere in Mediastream, and the only reference to the the watched/unwatched icons are the one over the thumbs. Can't find a reference to the new icon files in the skill anywhere, are they hardcoded in the plugin somehow? Same goes for the number of watched and unwatched episodes and the anime2_ListIcon image. Can these be made configurable by labels?

Maybe if you send me that monitor I can test it out and we'll get these things sorted quick smart ;)

Yes the watched icons are hard coded in the plugin (much like mp-tvseries).
    The reason you don't see the same icons in MediaStream mp-tvseries is because the icon the plugin refers to is missing.
    You could do the same for this plugin
    mp-tvseries = tvseries_SeriesListIcon.png
    animeplugin2 = anime2_ListIcon.png

Now the bit where Mediastream shows the number of episodes is controlled by the skin properties, which animeplugin2 doesn't support yet.
    I will raise an item to allow this.

I'll be back to answer some of yhoogi's/Fdl's questions a bit later...

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe if you send me that monitor I can test it out and we'll get these things sorted quick smart ;)

Let me think about 1 for a second ... eh, no ;)
    Still hasn't arrived yet anyway :(

Yes the watched icons are hard coded in the plugin (much like mp-tvseries).
    The reason you don't see the same icons in MediaStream mp-tvseries is because the icon the plugin refers to is missing.
    You could do the same for this plugin
    mp-tvseries = tvseries_SeriesListIcon.png
    animeplugin2 = anime2_ListIcon.png

Now the bit where Mediastream shows the number of episodes is controlled by the skin properties, which animeplugin2 doesn't support yet.
    I will raise an item to allow this.

I'll be back to answer some of yhoogi's/Fdl's questions a bit later...

Is it possible to unhardcode them? I mean, the small font for the airdate and the placement of the icons in the listcontrol are not like anything in MediaStream. I'm using the previous skin files now which now only show numbers in the listcontrol for groups with the number of (un)watched episodes, also not handled by labels, correct?

A while ago, I posted this question:

In mptvseries (and other MP plugins), when you press escape, you go back to the episode selection screen and see the details and a small preview windows in the top right. In Anime2 I go back to the episode selection screen, but I don't see the preview windows nor the episode image. Only the episode list.

Answer is: add <import>common.overlay.xml</import> to the anime2_main.xml (for the mediastream skin that is).

mpiva

Portal Member
    June 29, 2009
    Home Country
    I've just ordered a 1920x1080 monitor mostly for this, editting the xml's sitting in front of my tv was starting to become a hassle :D Could you please tell me how the watched icons in the listcontrol are handled? Like I said, I would like to change them to make it look more like MediaStream and less like StreamedMP. The small fonts of the date aren't present anywhere in Mediastream, and the only reference to the the watched/unwatched icons are the one over the thumbs. Can't find a reference to the new icon files in the skill anywhere, are they hardcoded in the plugin somehow? Same goes for the number of watched and unwatched episodes and the anime2_ListIcon image. Can these be made configurable by labels?

I've tried to edit the myhome.xml in order to get the alignment right, but didn't get it to work. Altough it looks nice, personally I'd wait before using the japanese fonts. I've seen pixelation around the fonts, the bigger fonts in the main menu looked fuzzier and the fadelabels aren't fluid anymore. Could be my onboard X3100 gpu which which can't handle it correctly of course.

Ok here is the deal :)

Mediaportal creates font textures to render the fonts, these textures are generated and cached and their size depends of the resolution used (1920x1080, 1280x720, etc. and the number of characters.

These textures cannot exceed the maximun texture size supported by the Video Card.

If the texture font exceed the size, media portal is clever enough to render them a little smaller, and add something called zoomfactor to the font. It'll repeat the loop until the rendered font fits the maximun texture size.

Since we're adding a lots of characters to the fonts. Your videocard cannot handle those bigger texture sizes, and the zoom factor is applied. The result... blurring because of the resizing on the big fonts.

Anyway, i'll give ya a fast patch, Render the fonts with the tool included in the plugin.

After that, go and edit fonts.xml and edit the bigger fonts, change the <endchar> tag to 256.
    Delete the same font (two files) in the cached fonts directory.

Mediaportal in the next start will re-create those fonts without japanese support.

In the next version i'll aggregate a checkbox to the plugin so you can disable the generation of japanese fonts, on fonts that cannot fit without zoomfactor.

Hope it helps

P.D. Use fontengine.dll included in the plugin, there is only one difference with the original. The new one use a little more memory to handle more characters.

ollin

Portal Member
    May 16, 2008
    I upgraded to the latest build of MyAnimePlugin (2.0.12.0), and am running into a problem when trying to download from anidb. I get the error 0 "OTHER: Login Failed"

I reverted back to what I was using previously (2.0.7.0) and I can login to anidb fine.

I'm currently running the MediaPortal Alpha build under Windows 7 (so I'm aware that neither of these are designed for animeplugin nor even each other, but so far it's been running just fine).

I figure since if I revert to a previous build of MyAnimePlugin I'm able to login to anidb without issue, that the problem might be more than just my using an app and OS that's not setup to work with each other.

I've attached the logfile, but I did notice this line which to my untrained and ignorant eye seems off:
    Code:
    at AnimePlugin.AniDBLib.ProcessCommands(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args) in 
    [B]C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2\[/B]trunk\MyAnimePlugin2\DataHelpers\AniDBHelper.cs:line 438

Since I don't have that file structure, it seems odd. But, I'm guessing that the problem probably lay in the fact I'm using a beta MP client with Win7, an unsupported OS. If that's the case I'll just revert back to the older MyAnimePlugin that logs in just fine.

Thanks in advance!

bert_r

Portal Pro
    April 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I upgraded to the latest build of MyAnimePlugin (2.0.12.0), and am running into a problem when trying to download from anidb. I get the error 0 "OTHER: Login Failed"

I reverted back to what I was using previously (2.0.7.0) and I can login to anidb fine.

I'm currently running the MediaPortal Alpha build under Windows 7 (so I'm aware that neither of these are designed for animeplugin nor even each other, but so far it's been running just fine).

I figure since if I revert to a previous build of MyAnimePlugin I'm able to login to anidb without issue, that the problem might be more than just my using an app and OS that's not setup to work with each other.

I've attached the logfile, but I did notice this line which to my untrained and ignorant eye seems off:
    Code:
    at AnimePlugin.AniDBLib.ProcessCommands(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs args) in 
    [B]C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2\[/B]trunk\MyAnimePlugin2\DataHelpers\AniDBHelper.cs:line 438

Since I don't have that file structure, it seems odd. But, I'm guessing that the problem probably lay in the fact I'm using a beta MP client with Win7, an unsupported OS. If that's the case I'll just revert back to the older MyAnimePlugin that logs in just fine.

Thanks in advance!

The "C:\Projects\SVN\animeplugin2" path is the directory the source code resided when the dll was compiled. This path is only displayed to make debugging easier, so no worries there.

From a quick look at the logfile you're either missing the "ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll" file, or it's the wrong version (I have version 0.85.5.452). I believe some people had the same problem before ...
    I'm not sure if that could cause login problems though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom