My Burner - now with Video DVD burning :) (2 Viewers)

markce77

Portal Member
April 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My Burner nearly...

Make sure the temp directory for My Burner is empty before you start,
even though you selected "keep files", at each attempt, until you burned at least one
disk successfully.

mendola

Portal Pro
February 6, 2007
Does this mean everytime I want to burn I have to clear that folder.
So I have to leave MP get to the desktop and and delete that folder that way.
Sorry but that is really long-winded.

Well I'll try it.
But that's not practicable for long, when you want to use this feature often.

markce77

Portal Member
April 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My Burner nearly there?

Not exactly what I meant... Only clear My Burner temp dir in your testing
until you have achieved your first successfull burn. This way, you can be sure
no unexpected temp files are left as result of error exit of My Burner.
I think this helped me to get My Burner working.

gokhan

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Just wondering how long a 2 hour movie would take to burn onto disc? There doesn't seem to be any visibility of system status so I don't know how long is left. The file was copied to the temp dir, then a whole bunch of other files were created, then the burner spun the dvd up (like when you burn anything), and the temp dir is now empty. The drive is still 'burning' I guess, but I have no way of telling how long is really left.

EDIT: never mind, it's been spinning for maybe 2 hours but I ejected the disc and it's only recorded the first second of the movie. Where does the iso file get created anyway? And anyway to fix this problem?

fattaru

Portal Member
July 18, 2008
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
dvd video?

Hi all,
I have a dvd writer in my htpc and when i want to write a dvr-ms/mpeg to dvd video it is created in a folder somewhere in c:. It creates the vobs and more files but they do not write it to dvd. is it normal or i have a wrong settings for this tool?
thx for your help

ed: mp 1.0 rc2

ned_flanders

Portal Pro
December 17, 2007
Detmold
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I also tried to set up the plugin without success. I can't select my burner within the plugin configuration menu, although the CYGWIN support files and the dvdburn.exe are successfully loaded and the IMAPI burning service is installed and started.
In the error.log it says, that there is "No XP compatible CDR API present".
Following the part of the log file:

2009-01-18 13:53:24.484375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Problem creating XPBurn
2009-01-18 13:53:24.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :XPBurn.XPBurnException: No XP compatible CDR API present
bei XPBurn.XPBurnCD..ctor()
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.LoadSettings()
2009-01-18 13:53:24.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception :No XP compatible CDR API present
2009-01-18 13:53:24.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: site :Void .ctor()
2009-01-18 13:53:24.500000 [ERROR][MPMain]: source :XPBurnComponent
2009-01-18 13:53:24.515625 [ERROR][MPMain]: stacktrace: bei XPBurn.XPBurnCD..ctor()
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.LoadSettings()
2009-01-18 13:53:48.218750 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.BurnCD(BurnTypes bTyp)
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)
2009-01-18 13:53:55.937500 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.BurnCD(BurnTypes bTyp)
bei MediaPortal.GUI.GUIBurner.GUIBurner.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Greetings,
Stefan

craige1

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Alice Springs
Home Country
Australia Australia
Im having the same problem as flattaru. The plugin goes threw all the task of creating a full dvd, even creates the iso, but gets right to the point were it should start buring and does nothing, just says its finnsihed :(. please help me, i know its just a tiny bug somewere

RailBaron

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My own experience with this plugin is that the .iso image it creates can be a bit too large for the "standard" actual usable size of a writable DVD, which is, IIRC, 4.35 GB (or GiB, if you are fussy). The Microsoft utility (dvdburn) used to actually perform the burn with this plugin just silently quits when it encounters an .iso image file that's bigger than what it thinks the target DVD is. I don't think the Microsoft utility can handle "overburning".

There are ways to get around this. I've used a utility called "DVD Shrink" that can re-encode a DVD image to fit a standard writable DVD. After re-encoding the image (either the full directory tree, or the .iso), the Microsoft utility seems to work well. I've also used either Roxio or Nero to burn the image generated by this plug-in, and those tools by default automagically re-encode the image to fit a standard writable DVD. In that way, I can retain the menu generated by this plug-in, which I do like. In my copious free time (Ha!) I would like to experiment with overburning with the default .iso generated by this plugin.

One way to verify if this is the issue you are having is to try burning just 60-90 minutes of SD content, instead of 120 minutes or so. For me, I found that burning a 90 minute program always seemed to complete, but burning close to 120 minutes of content never did. Eventually, the light bulb turned on over my head, and I realized what was going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom