My Films 6.0 beta released ! (19.10.2012) - V6.0.0.2616 (MP 1.2.x & 1.3 alpha) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thx @Alesfrancor - we are happy to see it finally released too :p

Fixed links - stupid copy/paste :( Hope I caught them all! Nice to know someone uses them! Thanks for catching that!

Last edited:

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What does the "you myfilms skin should be updated" message means?
    Means it that I've to wait for an update of StreamedMP?

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I tried this beta on a dev machine. I have built a new DB.
    Some notices:

* Init
    - looks like the updater doesn't handle original release names.
    - I chose Hungarian language first but I got random Secondary Titles (French, Spanish...)
    - no Hungarian grabber script :( altough AMC have a great one (port.hu)

* DB
    - languages and subtitles info come from IMDb, not from Mediainfo - they are usually false since I definetly don't have Russian dubs

* GUI
    - when I try to change display options, there is an option to set a field to 'empty' but after have it applied, a 'colon' still displayed
    - I found 'Cover Manager' but I couldn't find 'Fanart Manager' - I got only options to do several settings but I expected a GUI to choose fanarts to delete...

I like the actor portraits :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi vrm42 - thanks for the feedback!

There is a new option in AMCU > Database fields tab to select Internet data (default) for Languages - disable that and save your settings to get languages from media info. I didn't know IMDb even provided subtitle info - can you provide a link? AFAIK My Films never grabbed that and media info does not always include it (depending on media type) - so you will see in Issue tracker: 192: Auto update Subtitles field when Subtitles are available - if you 'star' the issue it might get added to an earlier release ;)

RE the colon in display items - yep that's a skin bug and can be corrected for final - could you add an issue to the Tracker? I don't think anyone ever tested leaving a field empty ;)

Yes 'Fanart Manager' does not have a separate GUI window .... YET - it's mainly the same as it was in 5.2 - but that is planned see (and star!) Issue 128: Feature to preview fanart and select which fanart is downloaded

Glad you like the actor portraits - there is even more features for 'persons' (cast/crew) coming soon (relatively ;))

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I tried this beta on a dev machine. I have built a new DB.
    Some notices:

* Init
    - looks like the updater doesn't handle original release names.
    Not sure, if I understood right - but if you're referring to search, it should, but of course depends on the grabber and thus source used. If the grabber supports AKAs - like IMDB does - it will also use them for lookup.
    - I chose Hungarian language first but I got random Secondary Titles (French, Spanish...)
    Please post examples, so we can check if it is a bug or if it is caused by data provided by the respective grabber/website.

I hardly can create grabbers for each language - especially, if I don't speak/understand it ;-)
    I suggest you create an issue, so if there is demand, we can add it. I can help with basics, details should be done by someone who knows the language and knows what he/she does .... :)

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here you have a port.hu + IMDB grabber. It´s probably not very good, because I don´t know hungarian and the api of port.hu is a messy, but I did my best. Give it a try.

Attachments

• Port.hu-IMDB.xml
      21.2 KB
    Last edited:

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thank you guys!

Dadeo,

- Language is working fine now, thanks for the hint
    - Subtitles: my mistake, sorry. But when you got this in mediainfo
    Code:
    Text
    ID                            : 3
    Format                        : UTF-8
    Codec ID                      : S_TEXT/UTF8
    Codec ID/Info                  : UTF-8 Plain Text
    Title                          : english subtitles
    Language                      : English
    both Language and Title will be displayed in Subtitles field in AMCU. I think Language would be enough.

- I starred those issues, thanks for the links
    - 'colon' issue - shall I add this to the Tracker even tough it is a skin related issue?

Guzzi,

I have these:
    Code:
    Color.of.Night.1994.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD.mkv
    One.In.The.Chamber.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-IGUANA.mkv
    Playing.God.1997.720p.BluRay.x264-PSYCHD.mkv
    Red.Lights.LIMITED.2012.720p.BluRay.x264-REFiNED.mkv
    and I just want to start a fresh config with the wizard. I touched nothing else than Begin Import button and the importer pops-up a window for every movies and I have to clear the filenames.
    And finally I got random secondary titles, but z3us' script solved this problem :)

z3us!
    Thank you very much for this quick response! Your script works almost perfectly. I got correct Translated Titles and Hungarian descriptions as well.
    There is one issue. Actors list come from IMDb and even I checked not to grab actor roles, grabber grabs them.
    Edit: I've just found the option to override grabber settings... :)

Two suggestions to make this plugin easier to use for non-english users:

- I don't know the other sites, but genres (categories) are not very well displayed on Port.hu. It's OK to grab them from IMDb, and I know I can localize them with 'Update Value - Replace Sting' option in AMCU, but it would be great to have a pre-defined rule set to make it automatically - like in Scorecenter plugin, because, generally, users might want to use the configurator only once.

- Using a secondary grabber script automatically when the first one doesn't find any possible match at all. It's very common for new films on Port.hu :(

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @vrm42
    - 'colon' issue - shall I add this to the Tracker even tough it is a skin related issue?
    Not yet. When I tried to confirm it was not actually a skin bug so Guzzi is looking into it - thanks for catching that!
    both Language and Title will be displayed in Subtitles field in AMCU. I think Language would be enough.
    OK I understand now thanks. However, there are many use cases for different media - sometimes the subtitles and language are the same, but often there can be multiple audio tracks and subtitles. So we'll have a look at it and see what we can come up with. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom