My Films 6.0 beta released ! (19.10.2012) - V6.0.0.2616 (MP 1.2.x & 1.3 alpha) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yeah, I finally found time to test this out and it does help. Thanks for that. I'm now going through my films on a test machine to see how this works and what it looks like :D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Guys,

I just updated to the latest StreamedMP skin that supports myfilms 6. Then I installed myfilms 6. When I start Myfilms I get the message that I need to update myfilms skin to 1.0 from 0.0 that I have now. What am I missing?
    It seems, the updated MyFilms 6 skin files didn't make it into the streamedMP release (I just installed and tested).
    The skin files posted for testing are ok and compatible - the ones in the StreamedMP package not.
    Please report to SMP team, so they can fix it for next release.
    Yeah, sorry guys, something went terribly wrong with the svn merge process :(

For now just use the files I posted here as they are compatible with MediaPortal 1.2 and 1.3:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/streamed-mp-support-for-myfilms-6-0.113319/#post-930057

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I went through Wiki several times but can't find solution for this:
    I managed to set up MF for Collections. I copied collection images to here: c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog.
    When I start plugin, I see a list of available collection names, how many items it has, I see collection pictures and I see fanart (as e.g. D:\Collections\Set1\fanart.jpg). So far so good.
    When I enter in a group, I see names of the files, proper covers, collection image next to the cover, but no fanart, only the default.
    I can check "Use movie cover for missing fanart", but it's not what I want. I tried to copy fanart.jpg over dozens of folder within ..\thumbs\myfilms\..
    but no luck.

So basically I need an option like this: Use selected group fanart for missing fanart". Does it exist or is it possible to implement?

One more. Is it possible to update one database field in GUI?
    I'd like to change for example genre values.

Last edited:

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2008
    Ipswich
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it possible to get MF to use my own graphics? Each film is in its own folder along with the folder.jpg and a backdrop.jpg

Can I use these images and if so how?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Is it possible to get MF to use my own graphics? Each film is in its own folder along with the folder.jpg and a backdrop.jpg

Can I use these images and if so how?
    Hi Iceman,
    I didn't test it myself, but it should work if you use the nfo grabber script - and only update cover and fanart. This allows to use those files for cover and fanart - and disabling all other fields makes sure they're untouched.
    iirc, this option can also be used with internet grabber scripts in AMCupdater - just set in AMCup0dater on database tabs, cover handling to "folder.jpg".
    I am not sure if this will also get the fanart properly, would have to be tested... alternatively it might be an option to think about a "fallback option" in plugin itself on those files...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I managed to set up MF for Collections. I copied collection images to here: c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyFilms\Catalog.
    When I start plugin, I see a list of available collection names, how many items it has, I see collection pictures and I see fanart (as e.g. D:\Collections\Set1\fanart.jpg). So far so good.
    When I enter in a group, I see names of the files, proper covers, collection image next to the cover, but no fanart, only the default.
    I can check "Use movie cover for missing fanart", but it's not what I want. I tried to copy fanart.jpg over dozens of folder within ..\thumbs\myfilms\..
    but no luck.
    Did you load fanart for the films? You usually shold not need to handle that manually. MyFilms will automatically store it in the correct location.
    This fanart will then also be used in Views. You may also try it for one fiolm manually in GUI - or update all fanart from either GUI (global options) or with AMCupdater.

So basically I need an option like this: Use selected group fanart for missing fanart". Does it exist or is it possible to implement?
    No, it does not exist that way - it works the other way: If you downloaded fanart for your existing movies, that fanart will automatically be used for the group/collection views. That is usually much easier, as you don't have to deal with storing fanart manually in a certain location.
    Yes - have a look here.
    You can manually change/update any field from GUI - or update them with a script you select - choosing one or several fields to be updated.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    but no luck.

Are you saying you don't have fanart for the movies in the group? What happens if you select 'Download fanart for selected film" from the context menu? MF should display the fanart for the movie when you are browsing in the Group (it does for me). Nevertheless, ' Use selected group fanart for missing fanart' is an interesting idea. However, now that TMDb v3 api offers more 'Group' (collection) info Guzzi has plans to incorporate that in future. So you could 'grab' group covers, desc of collection and generic group fanart. Would that meet your needs? See Star Trek: The Original Series Collection for example.
    Of course - that's one of the major benefits of MF imo! Do you want to grab them or edit them in GUI?
    To grab - just use Get Internet Info - select the grabbers/site to update from, then select the Category field - you can even select and update multiple fields if you want.
    To manually edit: Go to Details window > Updates > Update film data by field > Select field (e.g. Category)

EDIT: Guzzi beat me! ;)

Last edited:

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    No, it does not exist that way - it works the other way: If you downloaded fanart for your existing movies, that fanart will automatically be used for the group/collection views.

Yes, it works as described, but I need pretty much the opposite :)
    I don't understand why, but when I have fanart.jpg in a folder which contains several files, and then MF creates a Collection (red stripe says Collection in the top right corner - pretty fancy, btw), plugin uses that fanart.jpg as a fanart for that collection item in listview. That's fine. But when I enter this collection, there are no fanarts for files, because I haven't created one for each of them. But I don't want to create or download. I'd simply like to use that single fanart.jpg for every clips in that collection. Plugin already can handle individual fanart.jpgs for every collection so it looks like it wouldn't be hard to connect them to their fanartless movies.
    Generic group fanarts wouldn't be useful for my usecase :)

I made a feature request about Box Set handling (265), and you answered "You already can do most of that:".
    Well, actually somehow I've managed to achieve this almost perfectly, after hours of crazy clicking :)

Usecase.
    I have a folder structure like this:
    Collections\First\fanart.jpg
    Collections\First\first.jpg
    Collections\First\random filename1.mkv
    Collections\First\random filename1.jpg
    Collections\First\random filename2.mkv
    Collections\First\random filename2.jpg
    Collections\Second...

I set it up almost automatically, successfully (so I don't have to put every movies to a Box Set manually), this way:
    (AMCU - Import movies tab)
    - Prohibit internet lookup or select nfo grabber script
    - Don't ask if no match
    - Title and Search handling: Folder
    (AMCU - Database Fields)
    - Cover Handling: Full path and create movie thumb

Begin import.
    First to do manually: first.jpg, second.jpg... copy over ...Program Data\...\myfilms\catalog - so I got collection covers.
    Second: In AMCU-View Movies tab, all Original titles became the similar to the collection names.
    I got n titles named First, another n titles named Second... on Update Movies tab, I copied over Source to Original Titles and then I deleted the starting of the full paths (D:\Collections) so I got First\random filename1.mkv and so on. All random file namex.jpgs became individual covers (plugin didn't create and overwrite my existing covers - very good).

Result.
    I stared GUI (I use list view), I see First, Second... in listcontrol. Every item have its own cover (first.jpg, second.jpg...) and fanart (fanart.jpg).
    I enter to an item, I see another listcontrol with individual movie names, proper covers and a collection thumb next to the cover
    (looks fantastic).

That's exactly what I need. It's wonderful :) So far...

Issues.
    Issue 1: no fanarts (except default) for individual movies. I can create, but I just want to use fanart.jpg stored in each folder.
    Issue 2: on AMCU-Database fields tab, settings for Cover handling won't be saved in the config file. It always started with default. Same goes to Storage field handling...
    Issue 3: after you put new movies into any folder, you must not update your database from GUI because Original Names would be replaced to Foldernames - which would break the entire Collection structure, therefore you will be ended up with a single messy list without movie names.
    Request 1: Handling collection cover arts (first.jpg) locally, just like it already works with fanart.jpg

Code:
    To manually edit: Go to Details window > Updates > Update film data by field > Select field (e.g. Category)
    Oh, thanks. I was too tired to catch this.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi vrm42 - I understand about using fanart.jpg now - thx - we can probably add a fall back to the group fanart when no fanart exists for the movies in the group.
    Issue 2: on AMCU-Database fields tab, settings for Cover handling won't be saved in the config file. It always started with default. Same goes to Storage field handling...
    Did you save your AMCU settings? - in AMCU go to File Menu and save? AMCU settings are not automatically saved, so you can alter options for different operations.
    Issue 3: after you put new movies into any folder, you must not update your database from GUI because Original Names would be replaced to Foldernames - which would break the entire Collection structure, therefore you will be ended up with a single messy list without movie names.
    Sorry you went way over my head there (I'm not that tall LOL) If you don't want folder names, why can't you set AMCU import to use File names?

vrm42

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Code:
    Did you save your AMCU settings? - in AMCU go to File Menu and save?
    Yes, I did, even I loaded it back, every other settings changed back except Cover handling.
    In other words: I saved a config file (save as config1), then modified Cover handlig, saved as config2. Both files have same crc checksum :)

Code:
    If you don't want folder names, why can't you set AMCU import to use File names?
    Because it looks like folder name is used as collection identifier. If I used only File names,
    plugin wouldn't recognize them as parts of any collection.

Let the pictures talk...

770653-20121114-Jg1xWT.jpg

Results:
    770654-20121114-ajzZZm.jpg

and

770656-20121114-HIHdev.jpg

Works like a charm... until the first update :(
    'cause Translated field cannot be updated so preserve the Collection ID...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom