My MPlayer (1 Viewer)

turbo666

Portal Member
May 20, 2007
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi everyone, I've been playing around with this plugin for some days now, everything is working fine except that the subtitles don't show up. I've tried playing the file direct with Mplayer (outside Mediaportal) and then the subtitles are visible. Below you can check my log file. As you can see, the subtitle is detected by Mplayer.

Thanx in advance!

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    the log looks good. Are you sure that you have enabled the subtitles. By default only the forced subtitles are displayed. This can be done by pressing 'L' or you configure it in the setup of MP, because this is normally controlled by MP.

MisterD

turbo666

Portal Member
    May 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi MisterD, when I play the file and press "L" then the subtitles show. Even with the subtitle option enabled in Mediaportal configuration the subtitles won't show, only after pressing "L". Wouldn't it be better to let Mplayer handle the subtitles instead of Mediaportal? At least for now I have a workaround, I now can enable the subtitles with my MCE remote.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I just looked into the source of MP and I found out that this option of the setup is never used. It's a little bit strange.
    Therefor I will add an option to the configuration of my plugin that automatically enables the subtitles for all movies in the next release.

MisterD

Portal Member
    March 23, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there. How do I make .mp4 vids play full screen. All other files play full screen. Mp4 plays in a sort of preview mode off th the side of the menu

Thanks

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    sorry for not answering, but life is really busy atm.

mattyd: I have tried to play your url with mplayer, but unfortunately mplayer can't play it. Perhaps if there were an asx parser, it could work, but I don't know.

1101: I assume that you have tried to switch to fullscreen. Unfortunately I can't reproduce your problem. Can you post a log and I will have a look at it?

@all: New version especially for 0.2.3 rc1 will come in a couple of weeks with small modifications and additions.

MisterD

damuro72

Portal Member
    July 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ratDVD

Hi all:

Misterd, great work!

Only one question: ¿Can your plugin play ratDVD files?

Thanks

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only one question: ¿Can your plugin play ratDVD files?

I haven't tried this yet and I don't know if MPlayer does support ratDVD files. If Mplayer support these files, you could add the extension to the configuration of the external player and then it should work.

MisterD

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I just uploaded a new version of the plugin.

This version is only for MP 0.2.3 RC1 or SVN.

The new main feature is that you now can use OpenGL or OpenGL2 as video output driver for MPlayer. It's working like the standard DirectX driver, but there is one small issue when MP is running in fullscreen mode. Sometimes when you switch the video mode than the picture gets corrupted. If this happens then you should switch from fullscreen video to the gui plugin and back to the fullscreen video. After this everything is fine again. Therefor I recommend the DirectX driver.

A changelog can be found at the first post of this thread.

And as always any feedback, bug report, improvement suggestion are really appreciated.

Regards,
    MisterD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom