My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Re: normalisation

Efros said:
    In WMP there is an option to normalize all track volumes in the library. Does MP use this and if not is there a likelihood of it happening?
    My assumption would be that WMP would load plugins based on the settings selected in WMP options. Given the comments from several other MP users it seems that this is not the case. I don't use WMP so I don't have a definative answer. I'll look into this when I have some more free time.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    SteveV ,
    Thanks for all your help in fixing up the music module its coming along really well and a lot of stuff is going into it, the 2 only things that i would like to fix up at some point , are below not sure if you know of them or if you can duplicate the problems?
    * When you go fullscreen vis i cannot get out of the view by pressing X , it just stays in the same view, the problem seems to be that the CPU usage is 100% so i can't register a keystroke, if i press F2 to get the config up tho i can then exit the screen,
    The only way this seems to work for me is if i have my desktop res set to 800x600 anything higher causes this problem for me. On all the skins.

* It seems that when i'm in fullscreen vis , the resolution doesn't seem to be very high, if i have my desktop res at 1024x768 and the wmp vis i have is goom set to 1024x768, it actually doesnt' seem to run the vis at these resolutions, it looks very grainy and looks like its 320x280 or something that has been stretched to fit or something

Any ideas about these, if these 2 get fixed up for me My Music would be perfect as far as i can see
    Thanks

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    It seems that when i'm in fullscreen vis , the resolution doesn't seem to be very high, if i have my desktop res at 1024x768 and the wmp vis i have is goom set to 1024x768, it actually doesnt' seem to run the vis at these resolutions, it looks very grainy and looks like its 320x280 or something that has been stretched to fit or something

Full screen visualisations looks like a problem that you're going to have to live with - while a patch was submitted, but discarded because it could break peoples setups due to everyone having different screen resolutions.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    i guess i'm kinda curious to know if other people have the issue or if its something in my config that is screwed and stopping it from working, if everyone has the problem i'm a happy chappy but if its just me and a few others i'm kinda of interested to know whats stuffed on my system, o well
    Thanks for your help brocklander

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There's a page somewhere in this thread that discusses the full screen visualisation problems if you want to get more information, it's about halfway through from memory.

hakuna

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2004
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enha

SteveV said:
    hakuna said:
    During scan, "Start" button is still active, I did not dare press it during scan...
    I'm an unable to reproduce this. As soon as I click the "Start" button and the grabber begins scanning, the start button is disabled and remains disabled until I either click the cancel button or the grabber runs to completion. Are you using the CVS BlueTwo or MCS skins?
    MCE skin, but my bad, I think it was like this in the cvs I used, 23 March, but now it's fixed.

Another suggestion, it's kind of easy to accidentically abort scan, and then you have to start all over again. A confirm window would be appriciated.

SteveV said:
    hakuna said:
    - That "Unknown" guy gets a lot of hits, perhaps skip would be better.
    Not sure I follow; do you have tracks that are inaccurately tagged and thus returning artist "unknown"? Please provide more info.
    Yes, if an album does not have any tags the scan will find some album or artist with the work Unknown in it.
    I guess I should find some tag generator program for my mp3s...

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    could it be possible to use the winamp visualisations at fullscreen ?

Corve

Portal Member
    September 27, 2005
    SteveV said:
    I don' think MP supports multiple music overlays. There's no reason I can think of why the "#" music tags such as #Play.Current.Title, #duration, etc, shouldn't work. Are you saying that they're *not* working?

Yes, they're *not* working... when I use these tags in a screen like mymusicsongs.xml, the infos are not refreshed.

So I think they're only work in musicoverlay.xml

or maybe I do a mistake.

thank's

Luv2Entertain

March 28, 2006
    A few more suggestions

Hopefully these suggestions are not buried back in the previous posts.

1) I would love to see more on a single screen as I navigate my music collection. In the current setup you have to move a few screens deep to actually play a song (i.e. select an artist, then album, then song). I would prefer a three-column format which simultaneously displays the artist, album(s), and song(s).

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

ss7.jpg

It would be a bonus if as part of this, when an album was selected it showed all the songs from the album even if they are from different artists. Drives me nuts when there is only one song for a given album (happens with compilation CDs with many artists)

2) With larger collections of music, I have found that it takes a while to load the MyMusic each time I enter player. It will do this anytime I leave MyMusic and then return. I am not familiar enough with the program to speculate where the delays comes from, but it would be great if it could be eliminated. My work around is to simply not use the ID3 tag lists but instead just navigate my menu structure.

Overall I find MP and the MyMusic plug in an absolute pleasure to use. I am a new user and relatively new to HTPCs. I searched long and hard for a front end that has great functionality and stability. I was extremely aggravated after a few months of trying each out (Meedio, BTV, gbpvr, sage, xlobby), when I found MP I was in heaven. And it is open source to boot, amazing teamwork, my congrats to all the developers.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Luv2Entertain, that view looks sweet , i second that request if this could be incorporated as a view option that could be selected or something within the music module that would be soooo sweet.
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom