My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    Tech Geek said:
    While playing some music, being in Artist View, pressing Play on an Album, thus being in Now Playing view, I entered a DVD in my drive. My setting is set to "ask about play DVD". Music went on, popup window came up with choice "Yes / No", but then appeared at the bottom left the Album Thumbnail/Visualisations window and track name display as in the "old" Music Play window.

I have previous displayed or played titles showing up as well and strange things going on with the icon that appears in the lower left window.

My Videos is doing much worse things though. Vanishing icons while using IMDB, loading the wrong icon, disappearing backgrounds... and at least one lockup. I really don't want to write up a bug report.

Does this occur when you insert a CD when a playlist is currently playing? If so, I think I've found the bug. If not you'll need to provide a more detailed explanation of the problem. Steps to reproducing the problem would be helpful.

Thanks

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    A little help please

Several of you have reported that the <F9> key is not behaving as expected (lowers volume instead of popping up the context menu) under certain circumstances. I think I've isolated the problem but have unfortunately been unable to find it's cause. From what I've been able to determine the problem *only* occurs under the following condintions:
    • A CD is playing
      The meda player is WMP
      Visualizations are displayed in the music overlay (may not be relavent as visualizations are active only with WMP).
    It would be helpful is other users could confirm wheter this is correct. Particularly:
    • Do you see this problem with iTunes, WinAmp, or FooBar?
      Does this problem occur under other conditions? If so, what are those conditions?
      When did you first notice this problem?
    I suspect that this problem has been around for a while but perhaps has gone un-noticed. Any insight you can provide would be most helpful.[/list]

rmask

Portal Member
    February 20, 2006
    SteveV said:
    rmask said:
    CUE playlist for single image flac/ape files support

thank you!

More info please :(

Hi SteveV

most of my (and probably many others) cds are ripped to single cd image wav file (comprressed with flac/ape, but this is not the issue) and uses cue playlist (sort of industry standard :) ), which describes where on that single track file are located songs

I've paste bellow cue contents as an example

Thanks a lot
    Keep up the good work

PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    TITLE "Live at Jazz Standard"
    FILE "CDImage.ape" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "'Deed I Do"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Where Or When"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 07:16:59
    INDEX 01 07:44:14
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "It Might As Well Be Spring"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 14:40:73
    INDEX 01 14:41:43
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "I Loves You Porgy"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 20:52:27
    INDEX 01 20:54:32
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Nature Boy"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 24:58:23
    INDEX 01 25:01:13
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Bolero/Suzanne"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 34:26:53
    INDEX 01 35:02:48
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Shelter In Your Arms"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 45:03:24
    INDEX 01 45:08:04
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "A Foggy Day"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 52:19:03
    INDEX 01 52:19:21
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Paris On Ponce"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 58:41:36
    INDEX 01 58:44:08
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "How Can I Keep From Singing?"
    PERFORMER "Rene Marie"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 65:35:67
    INDEX 01 65:46:42

here's another one:

PERFORMER "Artista Desconhecido"
    TITLE "TÄ·tulo Desconhecido"
    FILE "Eye to Eye.ape" WAVE
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track01"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track02"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 07:08:60
    INDEX 01 07:12:50
    TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track03"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 11:57:02
    INDEX 01 12:00:67
    TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track04"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 15:37:45
    INDEX 01 15:41:35
    TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track05"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 20:42:65
    INDEX 01 20:46:55
    TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track06"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 25:35:67
    INDEX 01 25:39:57
    TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track07"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 31:18:17
    INDEX 01 31:22:07
    TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track08"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 35:49:67
    INDEX 01 35:53:57
    TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track09"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 41:39:05
    INDEX 01 41:42:70
    TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track10"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 46:46:10
    INDEX 01 46:50:00
    TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track11"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 52:38:57
    INDEX 01 52:42:47
    TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track12"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 57:08:00
    INDEX 01 57:11:65
    TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Track13"
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 63:53:70
    INDEX 01 63:57:60

garion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2006
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

First of all, great job Stevev, i love the latest improvments.
    What i like to see (i think it was mentioned somewhere above) is a volume overlay. Like in MyVideo or MyTv, a smal OSD which indicates the status of the volumesettings on a volumechange. I think it should'nt be so hard crosstransfer it from there. :)

Garion

daveyboy

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    Reading, England
    Hi SteveV,

Regarding the <F9> problem - if I change the player to DirectShow, I can use the <F9> without any problems. The context menu always appear as it should.

As soon as I change the player to WMP, it works once then the volume change occurs. I put some debug code in the OnAction method in GUIWindow.cs, and it appears the the actions are no longer being sent after the first viewing of the context menu. Could WMP be swallowing the keypresses?

A quick test in WMP showed me that <F9> and <F10> do indeed change the volume, to that appears to be what is happening.

Hope that helps, and keep up the good work with the music!

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    daveyboy said:
    Hi SteveV,

Regarding the <F9> problem - if I change the player to DirectShow, I can use the <F9> without any problems. The context menu always appear as it should.

As soon as I change the player to WMP, it works once then the volume change occurs. I put some debug code in the OnAction method in GUIWindow.cs, and it appears the the actions are no longer being sent after the first viewing of the context menu. Could WMP be swallowing the keypresses?

A quick test in WMP showed me that <F9> and <F10> do indeed change the volume, to that appears to be what is happening.

Hope that helps, and keep up the good work with the music!

Thanks for the report daveyboy. I had come to the same conclusion and it does look like WMP is eating the keypresses. Wierd that it's only the <f9> and <f10> keys though. Wierder still is that I don't recall seeing anyone report this problem until a couple of days ago.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    Re: A little help please

SteveV said:
    Several of you have reported that the <F9> key is not behaving as expected (lowers volume instead of popping up the context menu) under certain circumstances. I think I've isolated the problem but have unfortunately been unable to find it's cause. From what I've been able to determine the problem *only* occurs under the following condintions:
    • A CD is playing
      The meda player is WMP
      Visualizations are displayed in the music overlay (may not be relavent as visualizations are active only with WMP).
    It would be helpful is other users could confirm wheter this is correct. Particularly:
      Does this problem occur under other conditions? If so, what are those conditions?
    I suspect that this problem has been around for a while but perhaps has gone un-noticed. Any insight you can provide would be most helpful.[/list]

Can confirm this is happening when listening to MP3 as well as CD using WMP with visualisations. I have trouble replicating it though as it works most of the time for me. I think i also had the problem using direct show a while back but its that rare that I thought nothing of it.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Re: A little help please

thechad said:
    SteveV said:
    • A CD is playing
      The meda player is WMP

Can confirm this is happening when listening to MP3 as well as CD using WMP with visualisations. I have trouble replicating it though as it works most of the time for me. I think i also had the problem using direct show a while back but its that rare that I thought nothing of it.

Thanks for the report. This is (finally!) fixed and should be in the next CVS snapshot.

[EDIT] @$%*! Spoke too soon--it mysteriously broke again :evil:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Steve,

tried out the new "Play" feature on an artist and found a problem.

I was on artist "Jim Croce" that has an album "The Collection".
    Pressed "p" with "Jim Croce" selected and got the now playing screen with the first song of artist "ABBA" album "The Collection" playing.

First i didn't notice what's going on, but then i saw that the album name is identical.
    Did an sql query on the music db and found that "Jim Croce" had the album id of "ABBA - The Collection" assigned.

Error is happening when building the Music DB from the shares and the AddAlbum method is looking up the Album Cache. It is only looking for the name of the album and not the artist.
    Just fixing it and will post a patch soon.

regards,

Helmut

EDIT: Patch #1438582 submitted on SF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom