My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macahan

Portal Member
April 17, 2006
We definetely need seamless playing. CD's like Tubular Bells 2003 are not supposed to have breaks :D

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the genre of a v1 tag goed before a v2 tag for some reason.
    This should indeed not happen but it is.

I yesterday needed to remove some v1 tags to get the correct genre in MP.
    I will post this as a bug.

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Devs,

CD-Ex writes trackNumbers into ID3-Tag with only one digit (e.g track 1 = 1). It seems that MP needs two-digits-track-numbers (track 1 = 01) to bring the tracks in the right sort-order. With one digit all the tracknumbers in the database were left to zero by the config-prog.

I edited the tracknumbers to 2 digits, reorganized the database and it worked.

Can anybody confirm this issue?

eagle

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    I commited some changes to SVN a couple of days ago that should greatly improve the way MP handles albums with multiple artists. The changes also fix the "Music database does not support 2 albums with same name" bug that's been around forever. See the changelog for details.

I'm curious to hear how the changes are working for you guys.

Steve

Given that only 2 people have taken the time to respond I'm making the assumption that this is working properly. Speak up now if that's not the case.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    eagle said:
    Hi Devs,

CD-Ex writes trackNumbers into ID3-Tag with only one digit (e.g track 1 = 1). It seems that MP needs two-digits-track-numbers (track 1 = 01) to bring the tracks in the right sort-order. With one digit all the tracknumbers in the database were left to zero by the config-prog.

I edited the tracknumbers to 2 digits, reorganized the database and it worked.

Can anybody confirm this issue?

eagle

Hi eagle,

It shouldn't make a difference. MP converts the Id3 Track frame from a string to a numeric value. Maybe the issue it that you needed to rescan your music shares?

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi SteveV,

thanks for replie. I did rescan my musicfolder. I did delete the database. Neither the first one nor the second helped.

I retagged my mp3-files with mp3tag (Tracks from n to 0n) and now it works. But I got a new problem. Some albums are shown in descending track-order.

What could I have done wrong?

eagle

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    SteveV said:
    Given that only 2 people have taken the time to respond I'm making the assumption that this is working properly. Speak up now if that's not the case.

works perfectly for me now - thanks for all the great work! :D

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Dunno if this has been said already coz i dont really like reading through 23 pages....

But anyway, It would be great to have a little bar on the side where you can click letters and it would show albums that begin with that letter. Its kinda hard to explain, but it could be kinda like the SageTV's music feature. Go here http://www.sagetv.com/stvscreenshots.html?sageSub=tv and scroll down to music. See the screenshot? Something like that would be awesome. And the ability to change it perhaps, so you can make it era's like 60's and 70's instead of letters. Or something else. I dunno. I'm just rambling now so i should just click 'submit. In fact, I think I will.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    fraseyboy said:
    It would be great to have a little bar on the side where you can click letters and it would show albums that begin with that letter.

I'm not sure about showing just those that start with that letter, but you can jump straight to a letter by either hitting it (ie 's') or, if you have a remote, tapping the number key as you would on your cellphone (ie tapping '7' four times takes you to 's'). This works for any list anywhere in MP.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    EqualRightsForWerewolves said:
    SteveV said:

works perfectly for me now - thanks for all the great work! :D

Thanks for the reply--great to hear it's working as it should.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom