My Music - need your thoughts on how to improve and enhance (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveV

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2005
    Boston, Massachusetts USA
    I just commited some changes to SVN that fix the Top100 issue several of you have reported. The Top100 list now shows times played along with total play time. The list is sorted by play count in descending order and with this view active the sort button is disabled.

There are a handful of other changes--see the changelog for more info.

Steve

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    SteveV: Thank you very much for the Top100. Works again!

For others: You´ll have to delete the current Top100 list to get the fix working. You do this, while in Top100 view and the menu entries on the left side active with the context menu. Took me a while to find it.

Songs seem to be added, if played for longer than 10 seconds, which is fine to prevent zapping your music to collection from resulting in counts.

Only noticed that the totalplaytime seems to be timesplaye x songduration. It is not the real playing time. So listening to a song for 45 seconds will add the full song duration, nevertheless, e.g. 3:54.
    But this is not really so important.

Thanks again for fixing this.

tomtom

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2004
    Auckland, New Zealand
    me too - thanks SteveV

once again you rock. Solved all my problems with USBUIRT now myMusic, any chance you might start work on myTV and help get that straightened out? Just kiddin, but thanks again!

jslinnha

Portal Member
    January 25, 2006
    Cross in Hand, UK
    Playlists

big thankyou to SteveV for all his work in getting MyMusic where it is now. :D

I have a question tho'

I see in the playlists screen that we can save a playlist, but is there anyway of loading a previously saved playlist ?

Cheers

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see in the playlists screen that we can save a playlist, but is there anyway of loading a previously saved playlist ?
    Yes - you'll find the corresponding option in the "main" music menu

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: A few more suggestions

Luv2Entertain said:
    Hopefully these suggestions are not buried back in the previous posts.

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

meediomediaplayer.jpg

Could you please repost your file - I want to do a mockup for personal testing..

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV

I get a wrong length for the playing song on "playing now"-screen. It is different to the length in list-view (time is shown about 50% longer, e.g. 10 min instead of 7 min).

MP-Version 0.2 RC4, SVN mediaportal-svn-05-06-2006--17-24.rar

My mp3 are encoded with VBR average 192.

Please can you have a look at it?

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SteveV said:
    knutinh said:
    SteveV said:
    knutinh said:
    One really confusing point for people new to mediaportal:

If song#1 of a folder is started, mp will continue to play through all songs, but that green "marker" will stay at song #1. Not much, but slightly irritating =)

-k

Which MP version are you seeing this behavior with? RC4 or a very recent SVN version? Also, additonal information on how to duplicate would be helpful.

Thanks -- Steve

I think this is part of the supposed behaviour? I have seen it in every version up until rc4 svn 01.05.06 at least.

-k

OK, I think I understand what you're asking, correct me if I've got it wrong;

The currently playing song button "highlight" is only visible when you're in the Current playlist view. The green "marker" you're referring to simply displays which control has focus.

Try this: start playing some songs and switch to the "Current Playlist" screen. Note that the button text for the song that is currently playing is a different color that the rest (pale orange on the BlueTwo skin). This highlight should follow the currently playing track.

Steve

I can confirm this behaviour. Outside the playlist-view neither the green "marker" nor "pale orange"-Colour is following the currently playing track. In playlist-view the green "marker" follows the currently playing track. Can this also be done for the "Album-View" (this means when you enter "music"-menu)?

eagle

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could some of the devs please enhance one statement please?
    I evaluated this

http://mp.pastebin.com/710244

My improvement changes the 5x full join to inner joins - therefore only the resulting data of the where conditions is used.

This would decrease DB load quite much! :wink:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom