1.16.0 My Music: Skip Steps doesn't work. (1 Viewer)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.16.0
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Setup My Music for skip steps
    2. Start MP
    3. Start playback of a music file
    4. Try to skip -> Unfortunately it doesn't work

Logs are attached.
    Best regards
    Helios

Last edited:

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    sure, it works.
    I had the same report last week in the German forum and tried it on my side. No problems at all.

The user however claims that it doesn*'t work for him.,
    Unfortunately i see in the logs that the skip steps are executed and BASS reports that it is on the correct position.

Now that @Helios61 reports the same error, i guess there might be a real issue, but as i said, i can't find anything on my side.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Tried it again. Works perfect here.
    In your log i am missing the execution of g_player.StepNow():

Code:
    [2017-04-19 12:05:49,120] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - BASS: Skipping in stream for + 15 Sek
    [2017-04-19 12:05:50,622] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - g_Player.StepNow() - Preparing to seek to 34,6501133786848:188,577959183673
    [2017-04-19 12:05:50,633] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - g_Player.StepNow() - Preparing to seek to 0:0:49 isTv False
    [2017-04-19 12:05:50,644] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - BASS: SeekToTimePosition: 49

i will create a Debug version that prints out some text, to see where we are

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @Helios61 - try with this version of Core please and post the logs.
    it is only producing additional log information.

If you have a keyboard try also to FF using the F6 key.

Take your time as I am leaving for a business trip in 2 hours and will not look at it before Friday evening.

Attachments

• Core.zip
      1.1 MB

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think this is the right track. With keyboard skips steps are working fine. Logs are attached.

This is what the log shows.

So in the first try you were using Remote control buttons? Right?
    Which model are you using?

It looks like that in this case the Stepnow from g_player is never called. need to see, if i still find my old MCE receiver, which i could attach to my dev pc, so that i could do a debug.
    Will also upgrade my HTPC to newest version and try there.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    interesting in my HTPC it was only working the first time and then i had the same issue.
    Must be something with Remote handling.

It is definitely not related to BASS player, since it even get invoked from the central g_player instance.
    Need to check, what type of action code, i would get from a remote

Users who are viewing this thread