My Torrents (1 Viewer)

niblet

Portal Pro
October 4, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
There is a new torrent plugin that has been developed for StreamedMP }Here{

Has anyone tried to get it working with MediaStream, I have and couldn't but I'm no expert at this stuff!

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It works fine for me. I just stuck the StreamedMP .xmls in my MediaStream folders and it works like a charm.

The only problem I've encountered is that search results come up with incorrect file sizes (35gb instead of 350mb, for example), which might or might not be a skinning issue but doesn't really affect anything.

Background images for MyTorrents are pulled from Mediaportal\skin\MediaStream\Media\Animations\Movies, if you want to change them.

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    I just get 'missing or invalid file' when I try to launch the plugin.
    I have placed the .dll's in ..\plugins\windows\
    the skin XML's in to the MediaStream skin folder
    and the myTorrents.xml in the x:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ folder

Are these the same locations you used?

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    That looks correct. The problem you may be having is that you've entered the wrong Window ID in the MediaStream MyHome config... You're looking for ID 5678.

If that doesn't work, try downloading the latest version of MyTorrents and replacing all the files. Maybe one of the .dlls didn't get copied over?

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help, I do have the correct Window ID in my MediaStream config, I've updated to version .50 and still get the same.error message.
    I'm at a loss and if my files are in the same location as yours it should work! I may see if I can get it to work on the StreamedMP skin and locate the issue there.

I'll let you know the outcome.

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but do you have uTorrent running and have you configured uTorrent's WebUI? I seem to recall when I was installing it the first time around it wasn't made explicitly clear that this had to be done.

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi, yep uTorrent is running and I can browse the webui locally.
    I have tried the plugin with the StreamedMP skin and I get the same.
    I'l have a trawl of the plugin thread and se what turns up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
    Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom