My TVSeries future (1 Viewer)

scythe000

Portal Pro
July 6, 2008
So, with MP2 stating it will handle Tv Series and Movies in the same way, as far as i can tell, that MovingPictures and My TVSeries does, will there be a purpose for this plugin in the future?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hope MP-TVSeries will come to MP2 since current movies/tvseries handling in mp2 is like xbmc :sick:

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    You mean deja vu of xbmc?
    In xbmc you have to set content type for each added folder manually jsut like in mp2. I don't like such all-in-one setup. What if one folder contains both movies and series?
    In mp1 you setting watched folder inside mp-tvseries and moving pistures so you can manage tvseries and movies db separetely.

Last edited:

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just to clear a few things up, right from the start of the discussion :)
    We will be happy to see a complete MP-TvSeries port to MP2.

The fact that we include series handling already on a basic level into the media plugin, is that it will be enough for the average user. In MP1 it was always a negative point that a user has to install 3rd party plugins after installing the main application to get the basics of a media center working, this ways we solve this issue. Of course there are still many features missing which should be also included in such an all-in-one media plugin (and we already have many plans), but I am pretty sure it won't be ever as feature rich as a dedicated plugin, which is handling only one type of media.

So like I said in the beginning, we will be happy to see a true MP-TVSeries MP2 port.

Last edited:

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    You mean deja vu of xbmc?
    In xbmc you have to set content type for each added folder manually jsut like in mp2. I don't like such all-in-one setup. What if one folder contains both movies and series?
    In mp1 you setting watched folder inside mp-tvseries and moving pistures so you can manage tvseries and movies db separetely.
    Perhaps there's some orderly reason why one would put movies and TV in the same folder (compatability with other media players perhaps?), but the most common reason is because people like to download scene releases of movies and tv shows into one big 'dump' directory and either not want to rename them so they can share them, or they can't be bothered sorting and cleaning them.

I wouldn't hope that MP devs invest a lot of time in handling this latter situation. MP doesn't appear to be designed to cater to people that won't invest minimal time in sorting the stuff they download. That's what Windows Explorer is for, isn't it?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MP doesn't appear to be designed to cater to people that won't invest minimal time in sorting the stuff they download. That's what Windows Explorer is for, isn't it?

Or they read a manual on their download solution and look for category/group support, so it automatically puts different content in different folders. If you find a problem, chances are somebody already worked up a solution for it, but you do have to take the initiative to at least read the instructions sometimes to use it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread