MY Videos rework for MP 1.3.0 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok got one q.

It's not directly linked with using MyVideos for Movies but as behavior in share view concerning folders and special folders (DVD and BluRay rips).

Currently they are mixed on top of the list and they are scattered there (Picture 1).

What I did is to sort them so normal folders are visible first sorted, then special folders after them also sorted (Picture 2) with special icons if there is no cover (thumb as folder.jpg) ) for them (icons will be changed, but currently in Default skin there is no other options).

Is this better or should I leave folders as they are now?

Hi Deda,

My vote is to leave them as they are.

Cheers,

Mick.

Hehe you party breaker :).

Sorry :)

I like alphabetical ordering. Guess it's a personality disorder :D

I also hate incorrect use of upper and LOWER case letters :p

Cheers,

Mick.

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    OK, I update link with new installer. Try it :). It's easy to revert this or to make it configurable. All in all, yes, it's just a personal feeling :). For me, they are just like movie files so I need order :).

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, I update link with new installer. Try it :). It's easy to revert this or to make it configurable. All in all, yes, it's just a personal feeling :). For me, they are just like movie files so I need order :).

Oh alright. If you insist!:rolleyes: :D

Will install on a test system in the morning.

I'm sure it'll be great mate :)!

Cheers,

Mick

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I like the idea but maybe need to get the usual lol :)
    For example (ISO inside a folder are not sort with DVD or BD because we don't know if ISO is a BD or DVD).
    I will use it and see if i really like it (but for sure i like to BD or DVD in the line for non ISO movie).
    Thanks.

Edit : Maybe Display that it's an ISO ? :)

Last edited:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country

Hi Deda,

Does this require a complete uninstall and re-install to work mate?

Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;)) and the changes aren't showing up in share view.

Cheers,

Mick.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Hi Deda,

Does this require a complete uninstall and re-install to work mate?

Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;)) and the changes aren't showing up in share view.

Cheers,

Mick.
    Remove old but backup config without skin folder. Install new and overwrite config with your backup (new skin files will be kept, all others will be overwritten with you previous settings so you will not loose anything).

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Just checked, you're right. Installer was compiled before GIT received PUSH update :). I need to make new installer :).

***Actually I compiled wrong branch lol :)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    OK fixed download link, last one was completely wrong :).

Woozy, you can do like you did before (I messed up install files :) ) :
    "Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;))"

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    OK fixed download link, last one was completely wrong :).

Woozy, you can do like you did before (I messed up install files :) ) :
    "Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;))"

Lol :). Guess the clue was in the file name if I'd looked close enough :D.

Installing now.

Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread