MY Videos rework for MP 1.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Edit : Maybe Display that it's an ISO ? :)

Yes ofc :) but problem is do you want to see it's file size or ISO because it's file and is treated like that in share view.

In fact it was to indicate ISO on folder name when ISO was in there :)
    But i think it's not really important :)
    I prefer to see the size.

Big thanks.

Attachments

• MyVideo-ISO-BD-DVD.png
      MyVideo-ISO-BD-DVD.png
      807.7 KB

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK fixed download link, last one was completely wrong :).

Woozy, you can do like you did before (I messed up install files :) ) :
    "Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;))"
    OK fixed download link, last one was completely wrong :).

Woozy, you can do like you did before (I messed up install files :) ) :
    "Just tried doing a basic uninstall then installing the new version (from the deploy folder ;))"

Installed, working and........ I like it :).

Alphabetical ordering still makes sense to me but I really like the new information. As a title/DB user this helps to make sense of share view for me :).

Thanks,

Mick

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hi, after 3 days to use... no problem with myVids (I precise i have an old system), and MEDIAPORTAL v1.3 generally.

Good work ! ( and the new defaultwide is an great skin) (y) ... I continue to test :p

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    There is no any remote code or shortcut for that. :(

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Deda,

after a little time to use it, My Vids, (i think i have no test all feature, with my storage ! ( i don't uses database) )
    the missing fonction, is the to read nfo on folder when dédicated folder for movie is checked !
    Please add this enhancement, i know it's a big work for you and skinners designer ( please catavolt / ysmp) :notworthy:

PS : know you, who can add the same function of play folder in music section to vidéo section ? :unsure:

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

Everything is working great here :) . Thanks for all the work! Also thanks to Seb for his contribution here ;) and to catavolt and ysmp for the work on the skin.

I do have a question (as always). With the recent work you've done to identify "special folder" information (DVD's, BD's and hopefully ISO's in the future), would it be possible to expose a skin control which would allow for different "cover masks" to be applied based on content type?

I know this isn't a new request as such. Just wondered if your latest work might make this minor cosmetic enhancement more practical? :)

On a different note (and this may be more for catavolt and ysmp), like azzuro, I have found that installing "Online Videos" was the cause of my earlier skin related issues. If you elect to install the "default skin" files, the installer does indeed overwrite "myvideos.xml" and "myvideostitle.xml" leading to the issues I saw (I should have thought that one through :oops:) . Also, the other OV skin files have quite a few layout/ graphical reference issues when added to the new default skin.

I appreciate that plugin support is not a priority for the new skin but as OV is required for "Trailers", I wonder if it might be a good idea to deal with this issue for others that may test this build. Perhaps include working skin files/ graphics in the new skin and mention in the first/ second post in this thread that when installing OV to make sure you deselect the option to install the default skin support. Just a thought :). I've edited the OV skin files to a point where they are working well enough for me and I'm happy to post them if it will help but I'm guessing the work that I've done would be considered too amature for you guys to find useful :).

Cheers,

Mick.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Deda,

Forgot to ask this and I apologise that it's only vaugely related but are you (or anyone else) in touch with manfred?

The reason I ask is because it would be great to get mediaslayer working with this build and the current release (1.6.1) doesn't :( . While I don't need it for ripping movies, my wife used it quite a bit to get basic "full disc" rips added to our system and, going forward, having the ability to rip movies within MP does seem to fit with the idea of managing all aspects of your content from within the GUI. Obviously no substitute for creating a full quality mkv ;) but still a very useful feature.

I have asked manfred for a link to the source code in the mediaslayer thread so I can "attempt" a fix but so far I've not had a response.

Perhaps you could convince him to make a build that will work or maybe give you the source code so you/ we :p can.

Thanks,

Mick.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread