myth media portal??? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

i updated the site with 2 recent screen for cosmicmyth. skin itself has been updated, thunmbs are now much bigger (cool for album art).
about site, sorry its geocities' problem. if someone could mirror the two zip files, it would be great!

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Tried your cosmicmyth skin tonight and it is brilliant.
    No errors occured like others reported. everything works.

Just could not notice that the thumbs are bigger now(album art). I have a resolution of 1024x768 and get 4 rows and 4 columns on my screen. That is exactly as it is with the standard skin. Only the main menu has big icons, which I like very much.

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    sorry that i did not mention it: I was talking about the "big icon view".
    icon view is far too small for me.

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

you probably dont have latest version, download from ftp server!
    icons are bigger and fill the whole "square" which they are attributed.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    @ vaeanu:

vaeanu said:
    edit mymusicsongs.xml with a notepad. look for <description>Thumbnail Panel</description><type>thumbnailpanel</type>. add those lines :

<thumbWidthBig>120</thumbWidthBig>
    <thumbHeightBig>120</thumbHeightBig>
    <thumbPosXBig>4</thumbPosXBig>
    <thumbPosYBig>4</thumbPosYBig>
    launch mp, switch to big icon view in music module.
    change size or position if necessary.
    your albums covers will now spread all over that little square icon.

Just came across your other posting. Maybe I missundestood your changes. What you did is enlarge the thumb inside the given size of the big icon, right?

I thought - and hoped - you enlarged the size of the icon itsself, which I think would be good.

Greetz

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

I thought - and hoped - you enlarged the size of the icon itsself, which I think would be good.

i can try to make them even bigger, its possible but because of the config the thumbs panel, things might look screwed up a bit.
    i found thumbs too tiny in the folder square so i made them bigger. now, its true that if you use a high resolution those folders might still be too small.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    O.K. I did some "testing":

The number of icon for the "big icon View" depends on the monitor resolution (windows):

with 800x600 you get: 3 columns, 2 rows
    with 1024x768 (my htpc resolution) you get: 4 columns, 3 rows
    with 1280x768 (my desktop resolution) you get: 6 columns 4 rows

what I´d prefer is about the size of the icons of 800x600 maybe a bit bigger, but in 1024x768 resolution.

I´ll make a poll what resolution people prefer for mp. maybe i am the only one using 1024x768. :roll:

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

a poll could be good, this way i could different skin versions depending on the resolution ppl use or want...

Users who are viewing this thread