MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (4 Viewers)

zilexa

Portal Pro
October 22, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
No thanks, utorrent is quick, clear, doesn't use many resources. What would be the benefit?

Thanks a lot for the stop/start/pause all!
I have one tip, it's not a feature request because I can't imagine a handy way of working with this in MP, but perhaps it has technical benefits for the plugin:
torrentz.com. It's like a google (without ads) for torrentsites like mininova and piratebay. I always use this site to find my torrents, opening the links to mininova etc. in different tabs.

But since MyTorrents has this feature (I haven't tried it yet):
"* Search from multiple search engines same time."
Perhaps this feature could benefit from the Torrentz.com database.

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Although pausing all torrents is a good feature when download bandwidth are needed somewhere else, it's a ratio killer since it also pauses upload. It is possible to set a global maximum dl speed in the webUI, can this be implemented in the plugin?

CaNe|

Portal Member
    December 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, hi mediaportal board. ;)

Second, the idea about integrating azureus support in the mytorrents plugin came from me. Since, in my personal opinion, it would be stupid to have two plugins with nearly the same function, i approached Sohvaperuna, and suggested the integration.
    Of course you are right zilexa, utorrent is quick, clear and sleak, in contrast to azureus which is kind of on the heavy side. But still it is quite spreaded and i think it would be great to support it in MyTorrents.

Greets

CaNe

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Although pausing all torrents is a good feature when download bandwidth are needed somewhere else, it's a ratio killer since it also pauses upload. It is possible to set a global maximum dl speed in the webUI, can this be implemented in the plugin?

Earlier I had a plan to implement "custom menu items" system. So from MyTorrents.xml you could define a menu item and a action
    which is executed when that item is selected.

One of the items would have been to slow down upload. I think it is actually accidentally leaked in the MyTorrents.xml if you check it.

Anyways, I do not have currently time to implement anything new, so if there is someone interested, contact me :)

- Sohvaperuna

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually I like (and need) pausing (up and down) when I want to watch MyTrailers, OnlineVideo or TVGemist (dutch channels like MTV).
    Since uTorrent is on all the time, those few minutes or an hour pausing is nothing on a whole day.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would be cool if the "Pause all torrents" button could be implemented in the MyTrailers/Onlinevideos .xml files. Some kind of integration between the different plugins. Perhaps if some skin creator sees this - feel free to use this idea. :D

Emph

darren700

June 5, 2009
    any chance any of you know the window id for this program? im trying to get it to work with shortcutr so i can have a button for it on my remote... thanks

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    id 5678 works for me as a hyperlink. Don't know how shortcutter works though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom