MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (1 Viewer)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i think you might need to put the mytorrents.xml file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

have you tried that?

Ah ha...I was putting it in c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal (which is incidentally where there is another copy of Mediaportal.xml...confusing eh).

All working now..ta :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah ha...I was putting it in c:\Program Files\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal (which is incidentally where there is another copy of Mediaportal.xml...confusing eh).

Eek!! should'nt be there :eek:

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think this differs for Vista and XP.

Could the readme file be updated please? Because I think a lot of people just don't use this plugin because they get the missing file error, only because they placed the file in the wrong dir (the readme gives the correct location for vista not for xp).

Pepreal

Portal Member
    August 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have created a powershell script that looks to see if utorrent is active, if it is it closes it, if it's not it starts it up.
    I have then called this script using the multishortcut plugin and it works great :)

here's the powershell script.
    View attachment 39802

obviously if you want to use this method you have to install powershell and configure multishortcut to call powershell.exe with the argument of your script location and name.

:D

Is this also possible if utorrent is not on your HTPC

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey.. Still can't change the name... Followed the instructions, when I change the name the plugin just disappears from the menu in basichome...

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that looks to see if utorrent is active, if it is it closes it, if it's not it starts it up
    huh, if utorrent is active it will be closed !?
    if not it starts it up.

In other words, utorrent will never download again!

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    this might be a silly question but is there an option in this to pause all or resume all torrents?

I would find this very usefull as i also use the my trailers plug in and when my torrents are running the trailers just time out

i know you can pause individual torrents but i couldn't find an option to pause all

thanks for this plug in its been very useful!

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    this is a pretty slick plugin, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to add RSS feeds... can someone tell me how it's done? i tried adding some feeds to utorrent thinking they'd show up, no dice.

UPDATE: i figured out it's the mytorrents.xml... but how can i add more than one feed and have them show up with different names/descriptions? i've tried rearranging the xml as much as possible and they still seem to have the same name... any ideas?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    this is a pretty slick plugin, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to add RSS feeds... can someone tell me how it's done? i tried adding some feeds to utorrent thinking they'd show up, no dice.

UPDATE: i figured out it's the mytorrents.xml... but how can i add more than one feed and have them show up with different names/descriptions? i've tried rearranging the xml as much as possible and they still seem to have the same name... any ideas?

Just copy this, edit and use it in the order you want them to appear:

Code:
    <feed>
    			<title>[B]Your own title of the feed[/B]</title>
    			<description>[B]Your description[/B]</description>
    			<url>[B]URL (if the URL has the "&" character in it, edit your string to "&amp;", adding the "amp;" after the "&".
    Be sure not to miss any)[/B]</url>
    			<expires>400</expires>
    		</feed>

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom