MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (2 Viewers)

antgash

Portal Pro
January 6, 2009
san francisco
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
this is a pretty slick plugin, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to add RSS feeds... can someone tell me how it's done? i tried adding some feeds to utorrent thinking they'd show up, no dice.

UPDATE: i figured out it's the mytorrents.xml... but how can i add more than one feed and have them show up with different names/descriptions? i've tried rearranging the xml as much as possible and they still seem to have the same name... any ideas?

Just copy this, edit and use it in the order you want them to appear:

Code:
<feed>
			<title>[B]Your own title of the feed[/B]</title>
			<description>[B]Your description[/B]</description>
			<url>[B]URL (if the URL has the "&" character in it, edit your string to "&amp;", adding the "amp;" after the "&".
Be sure not to miss any)[/B]</url>
			<expires>400</expires>
		</feed>

Emph

but what if i want to add a second url with a different title & description? when i tried it the url rss feeds work, but it copies the name from the first feed... strange.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmmm. Are these feeds from the same place, but "latest" and "favorites" or something like that? Perhaps the feed name is embedded into the RSS stream somehow, and cancels out your .xml naming?

Emph

antgash

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2009
    san francisco
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmmm. Are these feeds from the same place, but "latest" and "favorites" or something like that? Perhaps the feed name is embedded into the RSS stream somehow, and cancels out your .xml naming?

Emph

yea, i was trying to setup 2 separate feed categories. one would be movies with a few different feeds in it. the other would be games, with some feeds in it as well. both probably from mininova. i'm wondering how the xml would look
    should there be two sets of the <rss></rss> with everything in between, or would both feeds be in one <rss>? hope that makes sense...

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    <rss>
    <feed>
    <title>TV Shows</title>
    <description>Combined feeds from feedmytorrents.com</description>
    <url>http://feedmytorrents.com/rss/67-24/</url>
    <url>http://feedmytorrents.com/rss/15-desperate-housewives/</url>
    <url>http://feedmytorrents.com/rss/5-heroes/</url>
    <expires>400</expires>
    </feed>
    <feed>
    <url>http://scenehd.org/rss.php?cat=1</url>
    </feed>
    </rss>

My configuration (feedmytorrents seems to be gone, sad :().

If I remember correctly (I know I should know),

<title>TV Shows</title>
    <description>Combined feeds from feedmytorrents.com</description>

Those are used when you combine multiple feeds. If you have only one <url> inside <feed>, then that's
    probably ignored and title & description is fetched from the real feed.

Br,
    Sohvaperuna

New version online.

v0.60
    -----
    - Added: Possibility to start, stop, pause and resume all torrents.
    You can access these commands from the main view.

I think it is done a bit quick and dirty, but this is currently best I can do with this plugin, sorry :)

If you would like to help me with MyTorrents, please contact me sohvaperuna at sohvaperuna.org

Thanks,
    Sohvaperuna

skeeter

June 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Feature Request

Hey there,
    It would be really useful to be able to play downloaded torrents directly from the plugin. As it stands, one has to navigate back to the My Videos folder in order to play the downloaded files, which is a bit of a bother.

Cheers,
    Peter

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey there,
    It would be really useful to be able to play downloaded torrents directly from the plugin. As it stands, one has to navigate back to the My Videos folder in order to play the downloaded files, which is a bit of a bother.

Cheers,
    Peter

I myself mostly use this for TV-Series, and has setup my default download folder in uTorrent to where I store my TV Shows. This way, these shows appear automatically in the TV Series plugin. It's not really intuitive to go to the torrent section to watch a video IMHO. I would very much like though if (in this plugin ) it would be possible to choose between different, predefined destinations when starting the download. But if I remember correctly, that's not currently possible to do due to limitations in the web GUI for uTorrent.

However, it is possible to setup uTorrent so that when a torrent is done, the content (files) are automatically moved to a predefined destination, then the seeding continues until stopped by the user.

I know, this is not what you wanted and that would also be a nice addition to this plugin, I just thought I'd share some tips on uTorrent functionality that popped up much earlier in this thread. :D

Emph

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Hi,

i use uTorrent v1.8.2 but i cannot download any torrent via MyTorrents. I can search trough MiniNova but when i want to download MP displays "Unable to start download".

Any idea?
    Could be a wrong config of uTorrent?
    I can acces to the web ui trough IE.

I add manually a torrent in uTorrent but i cannot see any active torrents in MyTorrents.

Thanks

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Make sure the useraccount and pw are entered correctly in the configuration of MyTorrents.

fabien44

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    Ok, default useraccount is Admin in MP config and not match with default uTorrent which is admin.
    I made correction and it works now. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom