MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (6 Viewers)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
December 9, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm a little confused with this plugin - im almost at perfection, but not quite! first off thanks for the plugin..love it. But I'm trying to get rss feeds to work..how the bloody hell do you do it ? :D I use uknova.com and they supply an RSS feeds of torrents but i cant work out how to get them showing up so i can pick and choose things to download.

Any help would be epically appreciated :)

CaNe|

Portal Member
December 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey jimbawb,

basically you set up your rss feeds in the rss part of the MyTorrents.xml in the config directory of MP. Under Vista it's C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal for example.

Code:
<feed>
  <title>MiniNova</title> 
  <description>MiniNova</description> 
  <url>http://www.mininova.org/rss.xml</url> 
  <expires>400</expires> 
</feed>

this would be an example for the mininova rss feed. I had a look at the uknova.com site, but i couldn't find an rss feed without logging in, so perhaps if you could provide a link, we could have a look at it.

Greets

CaNe

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    On the way, I somewhat converted the skin files so that they are usable with Blue3 now and stuffed all of into an MPE1 package. At my htpc and at my programming machine everything works fine, but of course according to murphys law, if i would say it works ....

CaNe, can you update this package for current SVN ?

MyTorrents.xml is palced in the wrong directory and moving it in the right location doesn't make it any better :(

Simone

EDIT: Screenshot added

Attachments

• 19-51-55.png
      19-51-55.png
      221.4 KB

Shadowmeph

Portal Member
    July 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am wondering if my ( not mine really ) auto extractor will work with this I use it to automatically open a Rared torrent and extract it to a folder it works with utorrent but I am not sure if it will work through this

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's actually a MP frontend for uTorrent (WebUI). Can't think of any reason why things working with uTorrent now would stop when using MyTorrents?

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am wondering if my ( not mine really ) auto extractor will work with this I use it to automatically open a Rared torrent and extract it to a folder it works with utorrent but I am not sure if it will work through this

I'm using it this plugin with autoextractor. works perfectly (probably cause AE works directly with µtorrent) :D

jimwin

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    hey there, what a cool plugin!
    Is it possible to get My Torrents to only show specific uTorrent "labels" so when I use it I only see eg TV Programs in the list?

Logan

August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    At first i want to thank the developer(s) for this great plugin. It makes torrent-management from within MP so much fluid.
    But iv'e got a little problem with the RSS feature.
    I included a german torrent RSS feed: Saugstube-Torrent.to
    (Iv'e tried some other sits before but MyTorrent always told me something about wrong timeformat o_O)

Nevertheless, when i choose an item from list the torrent cannot be downloaded. Im sure it has something to do with the matter mentioned in Post 197. Ive tried some stuff with regular expression on this feed but i couldnt get it to work.

Could someone take a look on this feed? Or does this transformation only work in v.0.69?
    An DL-Link for testing purposes would be nice.

Thx in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom