MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That's so weird. I'm using latest SVN of MediaPortal + latest version of StreamedMP (0.7.x)and when I install MyTorrents 0.40 I get the file error. If I use MyTorrents 0.35 with this setup it works. I wonder if something's referenced in the MyTorrents skinfile that's no longer in the latest version of StreamedMP.

Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    That's so weird. I'm using latest SVN of MediaPortal + latest version of StreamedMP (0.7.x)and when I install MyTorrents 0.40 I get the file error. If I use MyTorrents 0.35 with this setup it works. I wonder if something's referenced in the MyTorrents skinfile that's no longer in the latest version of StreamedMP.

Emph

Possible, I am using MediaPortal around 1month old, StreamedMP is about same age also, I think it is something 0.6. But that's wierd
    that 0.35 works. There should not be that big changes..

I'll try to update my MP and SMP this week and try to reproduce problem you have.

- Sohvaperuna

hjalleballe

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I checked my version of streamedmp, it was 0.5 something, so i tried installing the newest 0.7 version. Mytorrents work in this one aswell. With one difference: now logos also work, couldnt get it to work in 0.5. But it doesnt look very good though, the logos gets placed behind the torrent-file text.

166hc2u.png

Also, i have tried editing the RSS-streams, and merging streams and have encountered a problem:
    I could add RSS-links of the type:

<url>http://rss.thepiratebay.org/202</url>

But adding a RSS-link like

<url>http://www.powerbits.org/rss.php?passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&username=xxxxxx&direct&cat=59,29</url>

results in "missing or invalid file" when trying to start Mytorrents
    RSS-links of this type worked in 0.35 when they were added in the configuration, so how do you get it working in 0.40?

zack84a

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007

Emph

I too had problems 0.40. Never had installed any other version I got an the same missing file error on load. Installed 0.35 and it worked alright.

I too am on the latest svn, so perhaps an issue there?

Ill be even more interested once we can get scripts up and running for private sites. Torrentbytes.net being my current main site, I would love to have it up and running. Looking forward to directions on how to setup sites.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

<url>http://www.powerbits.org/rss.php?passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&username=xxxxxx&direct&cat=59,29</url>

RSS-links of this type worked in 0.35 when they were added in the configuration, so how do you get it working in 0.40?

Perhaps this is why I get this error as well. I use a passkey RSS feed in my setup. Would be great if we could get this sorted as this plugin really should be an essential part of any HTPC setup. :D

Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008

Perhaps this is why I get this error as well. I use a passkey RSS feed in my setup. Would be great if we could get this sorted as this plugin really should be an essential part of any HTPC setup. :D

Emph

Bit busy here so replying only this one; Try to replace & with "&amp;"

New version v0.45 online.

v0.45
    -----
    - Changed: RSS updating is done on background thread
    - Added: Ability to update RSS channels manually from RSS and from Watchlist views
    - Some bugs squashed
    - Some changes I already forgot.

Unfortunately you MUST delete your MyTorrents.db3. I made some changes to tables. I
    try to not break it every time ;)

This probably does not fix problems you are having with latest StreamedMP.
    I will try to fix those later this week.

- Sohvaperuna

I checked my version of streamedmp, it was 0.5 something, so i tried installing the newest 0.7 version. Mytorrents work in this one aswell. With one difference: now logos also work, couldnt get it to work in 0.5. But it doesnt look very good though, the logos gets placed behind the torrent-file text.

Can you verify that MyTorrents_TorrentRSS.xml has something like
    <textXOff>110</textXOff>
    <textXOff2>1200</textXOff2>
    <textXOff3>110</textXOff3>
    <PinIconXOff>0</PinIconXOff>
    <PinIconYOff>0</PinIconYOff>
    <PinIconWidth>100</PinIconWidth>
    <PinIconHeight>32</PinIconHeight>

I do not know how it could not be that way if you have latest skin files, but check it anyway, thanks! :)

- Sohvaperuna

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I know this had been developed for StreamedMP but has anyone tried it with MediaStream ?
    I have had a go but I get the invalid file error when trying to access it in MediaStream, thought I'd try it as they are very similar skins...

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    I installed latest StreamedMP v0.7.409.
    No issues. Everything seems to work as should.

I did not update MediaPortal yet, My MP is SVN 21720.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'll look into this tomorrow, it's very late here now. I'll install the new version and remove the database. Thanks a lot for your help and your work.

Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Puzzle of a day: Should MyTorrents have "passive" watchdog?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By passive watchdog I mean a feature which is similar as current watchlist is, but it is
    passive, which means that if it finds a match, downloading is not started automatically.
    Downloading of a match requires user interfaction.

First version of MyTorrents had this kind of a feature, but I removed once MyTorrents started
    to use RSS feeds. Biggest problem was; When to interact with user?
    First version of MyTorrents asked user immediately when it found a match. So dialog could
    appear on screen when you are watching a TV. Which is not so nice.

So the question is, should there be a possibility for passive watchlist?
    And if answer is yes, then question is, how it should work?

Thanks,
    - Sohvaperuna

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom