MyTorrents 0.70 Stable [Updated 13-10-2012] (2 Viewers)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    check if you can see some backtrace in MediaPortal.log.

Code:
    2009-03-26 14:44:41.460875 [Info.][MPMain]: Error initializing window:Sohvaperuna.MyTorrents.MyTorrents 
    Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyTorrents.xml'. 
    mscorlib    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, 
    FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
       at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
       at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
       at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup
    (TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
       at Sohvaperuna.MyTorrents.MyTorrents.Init()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)

I'm really sorry, but it's obvious to me now that I've put the MyTorrents.xml file in the wrong place. I had it in my "Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder instead of in the "Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal". It works now. Perhaps you should put the whole path in your readme for n00bs. :D

EDIT:

Now that I've got it to work, is it possible to have some sort of hirearchy for the icon display? If you have two icons triggered by the same torrent name (hdtv + xvid) none of these two icons are shown at all. It would be nice if the plugin could show the first one in the <map>-list and ignore the other one.

Code:
    <map><key>divx</key><icon>Logos\divx.png</icon></map> [B]Codec is more interesting, these should have priority
    [/B]<map><key>xvid</key><icon>Logos\xvid.png</icon></map>
    <map><key>mkv</key><icon>Logos\H264.png</icon></map>
    <map><key>hdtv</key><icon>Logos\hdtv.png</icon></map> [B]This one will ONLY show up if there's no codec named in the torrent name[/B]

Thanks
    Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    check if you can see some backtrace in MediaPortal.log.

I'm really sorry, but it's obvious to me now that I've put the MyTorrents.xml file in the wrong place. I had it in my "Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder instead of in the "Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal". It works now. Perhaps you should put the whole path in your readme for n00bs. :D

EDIT:

Now that I've got it to work, is it possible to have some sort of hirearchy for the icon display? If you have two icons triggered by the same torrent name (hdtv + xvid) none of these two icons are shown at all. It would be nice if the plugin could show the first one in the <map>-list and ignore the other one.

Code:
    <map><key>divx</key><icon>Logos\divx.png</icon></map> [B]Codec is more interesting, these should have priority
    [/B]<map><key>xvid</key><icon>Logos\xvid.png</icon></map>
    <map><key>mkv</key><icon>Logos\H264.png</icon></map>
    <map><key>hdtv</key><icon>Logos\hdtv.png</icon></map> [B]This one will ONLY show up if there's no codec named in the torrent name[/B]

Thanks
    Emph

No probs :)
    Probably 1.0 vesion will have installer so it would handle those automatically.
    Path is totally different on vista, so I did not want to put it there :)

About icon, plan was that first icon in the list which matches to the title will be shown. But it seems that I used Hashtable in code
    which will not keep the order. But yes, that was plan. I will fix it in next version. Thanks!

- Sohvaperuna

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    About icon, plan was that first icon in the list which matches to the title will be shown. But it seems that I used Hashtable in code which will not keep the order.

I'm hoping that this function will put the "<map>-list" before the torrent filename, so even if the torrent name is "tvshow_01x12_hdtv_xvid.avi" the xvid.png will be shown instead of the hdtv.png? But I guess this will be the case, 'cause otherwise the control of logos would be somewhat lacking.

I think the skin looks good so far (I haven't had much time to look at it). If I come up with some modifications, should I post the skin files here, or in the StreamedMP forum?

Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    About icon, plan was that first icon in the list which matches to the title will be shown. But it seems that I used Hashtable in code which will not keep the order.

I'm hoping that this function will put the "<map>-list" before the torrent filename, so even if the torrent name is "tvshow_01x12_hdtv_xvid.avi" the xvid.png will be shown instead of the hdtv.png? But I guess this will be the case, 'cause otherwise the control of logos would be somewhat lacking.

I think the skin looks good so far (I haven't had much time to look at it). If I come up with some modifications, should I post the skin files here, or in the StreamedMP forum?

Emph

Yup, that's the way how it will be.

Choose your way. You can put it here, sohvaperuna.org forums, mail to me at sohvaperuna at sohvaperuna.org or put it to issue tracker on code.google.com..

Thanks
    - Sohvaperuna

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Some more feature suggestions (If you still feel like adding more):

If you select an active torrent and bring up the contect menu for it, in addition to stop, delete, pause it would be nice to have label so you can change a faulty one for example.

It would be very nice to see how many seeders/leechers a torrent has in the RSS view. Public trackers such as ThePirateBay have far too many uploaders and often there are multiple instances of the same titles. Perhaps a couple of "health" icons?

Feel free at any time to stop the requests. :D
    Emph

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    v0.46
    -----
    - Added: Possibility to combine search engines, see MyTorrents.xml
    - Bug fix: Icon priorities fixed.
    - Changes in MyTorrents.xml:
    Every url must be full url. Baseurl removed.
    Tracker authentication parameters moved under <config><tracker>
    <config><searchengines><engine><tracker> must match a tracker under <config><tracker>

http://mp-mytorrents.googlecode.com/files/MyTorrents v0.46.zip

Some more feature suggestions (If you still feel like adding more):

If you select an active torrent and bring up the contect menu for it, in addition to stop, delete, pause it would be nice to have label so you can change a faulty one for example.

Sounds like a good idea, this will be done at some point.

It would be very nice to see how many seeders/leechers a torrent has in the RSS view. Public trackers such as ThePirateBay have far too many uploaders and often there are multiple instances of the same titles. Perhaps a couple of "health" icons?

Feel free at any time to stop the requests. :D
    Emph

Most likely this will not be done. RSS item does not tell that information.

- Sohvaperuna

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    First off, outstanding plugin... Took me five minutes to install and set-up 0.47, and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this, and doing such a great job with it. :D

Okay, so on to my questions\feature requests:

1. Re: labels... Not sure if this is a WebUI issue or a plugin issue but the way I have utorrent set up right now, I have torrents moved to the appropriate folder after download, where MP can scan for and add them automatically. For example, MP looks in media\videos\movies for movies and media\videos\tv shows for TV, so utorrent uses persistent "video\movies" and "video\tv shows" labels. In MyTorrents, though, the label list shows up as "video\\movies" and then creates a new label ("video\\movies" and sometimes "video\\\movies"). Haven't played with the plugin enough to know FOR SURE if this is really a problem (files might end up in the right folders regardless) but if not, is there a fix or will I just have to bump all of my subfolders up a level on my system?

2. File sizes on the search results menu show up consistently incorrect (350mb as 3.20GB). In the actual download info screen, file sizes are correct.

3. Any way to change the background images? Where are they being pulled from, anyway? I had those particular images in my media folder at one point but I thought I deleted them.

4. It would be cool to be able to search for a string and then, on the results screen, apply an additional filter (ie: "hdtv" would eliminate all results without that string).

Other than that, this is a solid plugin and I'm excited to play around with it more. :D

Sohvaperuna

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Any chance of a guide on how to add sites for the search part?

I will try to get a guide online in a week.
    Meanwhile, if you are not familiar with regular expressions, I suggest you to start learning.

If you are not guru with regexs, I suggest you to find out some visual regular expression helper, for example RegexBuddy.

Quick guide; Check MyTorrents.xml (config) and see how it is done for example for Mininova.

- Sohvaperuna

First off, outstanding plugin... Took me five minutes to install and set-up 0.47, and it works perfectly. Thanks for making this, and doing such a great job with it. :D

Okay, so on to my questions\feature requests:

1. Re: labels... Not sure if this is a WebUI issue or a plugin issue but the way I have utorrent set up right now, I have torrents moved to the appropriate folder after download, where MP can scan for and add them automatically. For example, MP looks in media\videos\movies for movies and media\videos\tv shows for TV, so utorrent uses persistent "video\movies" and "video\tv shows" labels. In MyTorrents, though, the label list shows up as "video\\movies" and then creates a new label ("video\\movies" and sometimes "video\\\movies"). Haven't played with the plugin enough to know FOR SURE if this is really a problem (files might end up in the right folders regardless) but if not, is there a fix or will I just have to bump all of my subfolders up a level on my system?

It seems there is an issue with \ character. I will try to fix it.

2. File sizes on the search results menu show up consistently incorrect (350mb as 3.20GB). In the actual download info screen, file sizes are correct.

Ok, I will check it.

3. Any way to change the background images? Where are they being pulled from, anyway? I had those particular images in my media folder at one point but I thought I deleted them.

Actually I am not so sure how it works. But anyway those are from StreamedMP.
    I think you have to use StreamedMP editor when you add torrent to the menu (right?).
    When you add it, I think you can choose where background images are coming from.

4. It would be cool to be able to search for a string and then, on the results screen, apply an additional filter (ie: "hdtv" would eliminate all results without that string).

Not bad idea, I think of it.

Other than that, this is a solid plugin and I'm excited to play around with it more. :D

Thanks for informing me about these issues :)

- Sohvaperuna

Could not reproduce this problem. Anyone else noticed same issue?

v0.48
    -------
    - Added: You can filter search results. Filter is regular expression, for example;
    axxo
    s[0-9]{2}
    (lol|xor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom