Not open for further replies.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok thanks but can you set the logging to "Debug" i believe it's now set to "Info" from the looks of it. Just try to play one apple SD and one apple HD trailer. That should be enough ;)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can't get it to work without medialooks/quicktime as well. Needs to be the original quicktime as well, alternative is a no go.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using only Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow tryouts beta 6 and Apple Trailers work great. Even 1080p trailers stream fine if the network conditions is good. Haven't installed Quicktime for ages and very happy about it :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool. Here's the debug logs.
    Just tried to play medium screen once and HD 480 once.

Thanks Armandp

i only see INFO lines in the mediaportal.log are you sure it is set to DEBUG?

Hey is there not a big release coming up soon.... I remember reading back a few posts.. Any ETA, love this plugin! :D

Yeah that's right.. a big rewrite actually.. i will use the framework that we also use on moving pictures.
    I'm currently 75% done with the changes but it will probably take me like 4 weeks (maybe sooner) to have the new release present depending on my free time ofcourse :)

I can't get it to work without medialooks/quicktime as well. Needs to be the original quicktime as well, alternative is a no go.

@Raytestrak: These problems are probably caused by wrong directshow merits / missing codecs in your system. There are several codec configurations that will work without the need for medialooks/quicktime. I know for a fact that if you would only install SAF (and no other codecs) and the merits are proper that it will play withoput problems. To actually check what is going wrong you should deinstall medialooks/quicktime.

To trouble shoot this problem:

1) Download an Apple Trailer mov (or copy the url)
    2) Start GraphEdit
    3) Load media from file or url (depending on your #1 choice )
    4) Play

Your system will now form the graph that, in your case, will not be ok. Now manually edit the graph so it uses Haali Splitter, a capable Video Decoder (MPC, PowerDVD 8 H264, CoreAVC, FFDSHOW or other that is confirmed to work with apple trailers) , capable audio decoder (MPC Audio Decoder, MONOGRAM AAC, or other that is confirmed to work with apple trailers). Try to play again... if it plays then this is the configuration you need... to "force" that configuration you should check why these codecs aren't chosen by default and it's probably because of the merits.
    Lower the bad codecs in merit so that the good codecs are tried first or you can setup mediaportal with these codecs and see if it plays.

Note: if you use AC3Filter in mediaportal the proper audio codec will be chosen by merit because Ac3Filter can't handle the AAC audio by itself. An audio codec will connect itself between Haali and AC3Filter.

My personal codec configuration(and this is one of many possible configurations that also work with Apple Trailers):

Installed Codecs:

- Haali Media Splitter (default setup)
    - MPV Decoder (installed by MediaPortal)
    - MPC Video Decoder
    - MPC Audio Decoder (will replace the MPA installed by mediaportal, use MPC-HC to set the settings for this codec in external codec configuration)
    - AC3Filter
    - VSFilter (DirectVobSub, not relevant but just just to complete my list)
    - PowerDVD8 (not relevant but just just to complete my list)

Merits:

i have MPC Audio Decoder set to MERIT: NORMAL
    i have AC3Filter set to MERIT: PREFERED

All other audio codecs (like MONOGRAM AAC) are set lower or i removed them.

i have MPC VIdeo Decoder set to MERIT: PREFERED
    all other video codecs are set to NORMAL or lower.
    For HDTV i still use PowerDVD8 H264 as the preferred codec but that's a seperate config anyway.

note: after changing merits be sure to reboot your system for the changes to take effect

Movie Codec Configuration in Media Portal:

Mpeg2: MPV (the one that is installed by mediaportal)
    H264: MPC Video Decoder
    Audio: MPC Audio Decoder

as postprocessing filter i have AC3Filter added, normally this means that AC3Filter is used for all audio, except in the case that it can't handle the format and MPC Audio Decoder will jump in to fill the gap between haali and ac3filter. With this configuration you actually setup the graph the way you want it but if one of the codecs can't handle the current content it will fallback to the merit system.

Hope this helps.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Seeing you posted all this info, I'll give it another try. Thanx :)

I remember fiddling around with graphedit and I remember .movs playing fine outside of mediaportal, but not in mediaportal. I already had a minimum of codecs. AC3 filter, CoreAVC, Haali, nVidia Purevideo. That was it. I had to install quicktime and medialooks for MyTrailers and I have ffdshow (I hate ffdshow) with almost everything disabled for some obscure audio codecs for some animes.

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Armandp - I found the culprit that was causing the problem!
    Nero 8 BluRay & HD installation had become corrupted and wasn't loading a couple of the TSRs properly at startup.
    Since I don't use Nero on the HTPC anymore, I uninstalled and cleaned up with CCleaner.

Now MyTrailers is working perfectly with all resolutions. Next I'm going to try removing QuickTime and use VideoLan and the SAF package exclusively.

Thanks for all the help!!:D:D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great to hear that you have solved the problem! :D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey armandp great plugin bro.... Just having one small problem though... Some clips seem to have no sound, I"m able to watch pretty much all trailers, both Apple and GT... Its just every one in four movie trailers seems to have no audio... Any idea?

JUst tell me what I need to provide to be more help. Thanks for your time...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom