MyTrailers (1 Viewer)

nukem97

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Home Country
Media Portal crashes after video playaback

Hi Guys, The plugin is working great for me, however as soon as a movie finished (both from Game Trailers and Apple's) Media Portal just disappears and throws me back at the desktop????

Any idea what's going on?

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Are you sure it is Mytrailer plug-in? I had the same problem but was another plug-in. Do you have Moving Pictures plug-in installed? Moving Pictures is broken and will crash MP when a video reaches its end. (Fixed for next release).

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've got crashes with MyTrailer as well and I haven't installed the Moving Pictures plugin yet..

But MP doesn't crash at the end of a trailer. Only sometimes while loading the trailers listings.

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
First i want to thank you for this plugin. I love it. Especially the fact that with it i can see my apple trailers in 5.1 through spdif which doesnt work with QTP.
I now it has already been asked but we really need a prebuffer and even maybe a downloading progress info.
One question is where do you download the video? couldnt find them.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys, The plugin is working great for me, however as soon as a movie finished (both from Game Trailers and Apple's) Media Portal just disappears and throws me back at the desktop????

Any idea what's going on?

Can you supply me with a log file ?

First i want to thank you for this plugin. I love it. Especially the fact that with it i can see my apple trailers in 5.1 through spdif which doesnt work with QTP.
    I now it has already been asked but we really need a prebuffer and even maybe a downloading progress info.
    One question is where do you download the video? couldnt find them.

I don't think I understand the question correctly.. but there's no download option yet in the plugin (there will be in the future).

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Are you sure it is Mytrailer plug-in? I had the same problem but was another plug-in. Do you have Moving Pictures plug-in installed? Moving Pictures is broken and will crash MP when a video reaches its end. (Fixed for next release).

Johan is right about the Moving Picture crashing MP when the trailer ends.I reproduced this myself and if i disable Moving Picture plugin MP don't crash after the trailer end.

@armandp:if you need some logs i will try to reproduce this issue again and post the logs...

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    from what i can tell frfom your log it's because of the OnPlayBackEnded event from Moving Pictures.. i believe fforde al already fixed this for 0.5.3.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will be on vacation from now untill the 12th of september ;) I have committed my source code to SVN on the google code pages and i've cooked up a new release. There's still a lot of stuff to be done after i get back ;) I don't have enough time to explain all the changes but i've published only one skin this time (BlueTwo Wide) and it had a makeover so the previous skins will probably not work anymore.

You can download the new version here: MyTrailers-2.0.0.176-preview.zip

enjoy!

ps. still trying to get things more organized for this plugin on google code but time was not my best friend these last couple of days ;)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I've quickly put together a skin file set for 4:3 by simply tweeking the XY co-ordinates in armandp's files. I also use this as well on a 16:9 TV running a lower resolution than armandp. I ran into problems where some items were off the screen. So if you have a similar setup/resolution to these then try these skin files out.

1) It works on my test pc with standard 4:3 monitor running at 1280x1024 and a standard 4:3 bluetwo skin in MP.

2) and also on my HTPC which is running 848x480 desktop resolution but with a standard 4:3 bluetwo skin in MP.

For those wondering why I run this resolution on my HTPC (848x480), its because it means the desktop icons and other programs and images are all displayed at the correct aspect ratio in windows. I have a Panasonic PW6 std resolution plasma and this resolution matches its own number of pixels and gives a really crisp picture on it - it seems to like this resolution best ;0)

Just thought some others may find these skin files useful, so might be worth a try if the layout in armandp's skin is causing problems.....

Cheers,
    Colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom