MyTrailers (5 Viewers)

sleepycol

Portal Pro
June 2, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I solved my codec issues by removing all codec packs and ONLY installing Vista codec pack. This means I don't need VLC player anymore for my trailers to work. So my issue is solved :0)

Vista Codec Pack works for XP (thats what I'm running).....

Cheers,
Colin

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
First of all thanks for taking a look LRFalk01

There is a ton of 'CybrDisplay' information in these logs everywhere. I have never seen this before. What is it?
The CybrDisplay plugin is used to display something on side screens such as an LCD display. I use it with my G15 display. There's an "external display" plugin which comes with MP but doesn't work for my G15. And yeah I know that plugin is generating loads of stuff in the logs. That's why I clean these files from time to time... 80MB of text file log is kinda hard to open with something like notepad :)

Edit:

I believe I tracked it down to the Music Video's (MVids) plugin.LRFalk01 pointed me in the right direction with his log analysis, thx again for that. I turned MVids off and everything is working fine now... I'll post in the mvids thread.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok i'm back from my most-needed vacation ready to roll again in the land of mediaportal. I hope to spend some time soon on organizing the google code page for this plugin. I like to ask you to submit your bugs and/or feature enhancements into the issue list there.

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi armandp,

Not sure if I should submit this suggestion in the issue list you setup as I don't know if other users have this problem.

I'm running 848x480 resolution and the standard Blue2 4:3 skin on a 16:9 TV. This is because I have my desktop resolution set on a 16:9 aspect ratio (848x480) and if I use B2wide I don't like the layout and size of things as I think that skin expects a 4:3 desktop resolution. Eg if I change my desktop to 800x600 the B2 wide skin looks ok. Anyway, I have no problem viewing any of the standard B2 screens with the 4:3 skin file and 848x480 setup. However, the skin files you use for My Trailers seem to specify object locations outside my resolution range and so they don't appear. Do the standard B2 skin files handle object locations differently? eg as a percentage of your screen resolution so that no matter what resolution you have on your system, the text and pictures always fit in and are within the viewable area?

If so perhaps we need a B2 skin file for My trailers which does this?

At the moment I am manually changing the location of the objects to reposition them and fit within my resolution :0)

Does any of that make sense?!?!? Sorry!

Cheers,
    Colin

P.S. This plugin is fantastic now I have Vista codec pack installed (on XP machine)!

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also a suggestion on my part.

I've been using this plugin with the standard MP player for a while now and noticed that the gametrailers part has lots of trailers which can't be played atm (popup saying something like that). Is it possible like YahooMusic does to filter out these files?
    Or is this message popping up because of gametrailers.com timing out or something?

Oh right. Didn't wanna put above in the issue tracker since I'm not sure what there could be done about it.
    Maybe I should put this one in there.
    For me the Apple Trailers part of MyTrailers is onely working when I select the "exclusive" trailers. The last added and most populair lists are not being populated AT FIRST when I navigate to them. When I navigat to different parts of MyTrailers and get back to one of these most of the time they get populated the second try (but only when you first navigate to somewhere else)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @sleepcol:

I'm a very basic skinner right now, still learning stuff so maybe an experienced skinner could answer this question. I know i have some absolute positioning in the skin file that could be made relative. The best would be a seperate skin file for each resolution ofcourse ;)

joz:

Some GameTrailers don't play because they don't exist anymore or the format involved is not properly supported (this is a guess). I have to look into filtering these listings. I currently get the trailer list from their main categories and on the details request i do a search on the specific game involved to get all the released content from the past. I believe you should not have problems with recent release content. I will add more details to the videos involved because they also hold specific decriptions and dates.

Your second problem looks like an old problem that should be fixed. Normally a listing would not be populated if the web request isn't answered in a timely fashion (it retries 3 times on error). I will look into the error handling to present the user with a more descriptive notification of why the list stays empty.

In general: don't hold back on submitting issues to the tracker. Just be sure to first look into existing issues before you post. The more issues/enhancements in that list the better i can serve the needs of the community :) I will probably try to get in all requests (within reason) with bugs getting priority.

freakaz0id

September 15, 2008
    hi,

at first I want to thank the author of this plugin - it's great!

but there is a feature i'd like to suggest, if it's possible to implement: would be great to be able to control the buffering and to see how much of the trailer has already been downloaded. since i prefer the 720p or even 1080p versions of apple's trailers it's quite a bit to download and the trailer always starts to play immediatelly, so after some seconds it stuttering and I have to pause, to sort of increase the buffer manually.

secondly it would be cool to sort the trailers by their release date on the apple website, so I can spot the newest trailers on the first sight.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi,

at first I want to thank the author of this plugin - it's great!

but there is a feature i'd like to suggest, if it's possible to implement: would be great to be able to control the buffering and to see how much of the trailer has already been downloaded. since i prefer the 720p or even 1080p versions of apple's trailers it's quite a bit to download and the trailer always starts to play immediatelly, so after some seconds it stuttering and I have to pause, to sort of increase the buffer manually.

I'm aware of this issue but because the implementing the buffering is somewhat new territory for me i will take some time. I will probably implement a workaround for this that will pause 720p/1080p for a calculated couple of seconds before actually playing. This is not a real solution ofcourse but will safe you the trouble of manually pausing the movie.

secondly it would be cool to sort the trailers by their release date on the apple website, so I can spot the newest trailers on the first sight.

Actually the featured lists are by default sorted as provided by Apple (just like on the site). This means that if a new trailer (note that this could be a second trailer of a movie) is added to a movie it's pushed to the top of the Just Added list. There already is a sort option that will sort by release date in the left hand menu. If you don't have this option you are probably using an older version. Be sure to get the latest from: mytrailers - Google Code

freakaz0id

September 15, 2008
    Actually the featured lists are by default sorted as provided by Apple (just like on the site). This means that if a new trailer (note that this could be a second trailer of a movie) is added to a movie it's pushed to the top of the Just Added list. There already is a sort option that will sort by release date in the left hand menu. If you don't have this option you are probably using an older version. Be sure to get the latest from: mytrailers - Google Code

ah okay, I thought "release date" was referring to the movies release date, since that's what's shown in the table right to the movies name.

btw, do you know www.davestrailerpage.co.uk? would be a great source of trailers! it provides direct links to trailers from apple, yahoo and studio sites.

keep up the good work! :D

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oops little bit of confusion there concerning the Sort options. Release Date is movie release date, not the release date of a trailer. But the Just Added list is sorted by Last Update (latest trailer additions) by default . I have added a Last Updated sort mode to the issue list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom