myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

Dysp

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Great.

But is it possible for the MyVoice to "learn" to your SDK profile? Cause, you speak to it all the time and the more it get used to your voice, the better it gets.
It could also be really nice, if you could say: "Music album Rage Against The Machine" and then it jumped to that folder.
It is getting annoying to give it step-by-step instructions all the time. "Move left, move left, move right, move down, select item, play".

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi Dysp.

If you go to the Speech Control Panel app, click settings, and ensure that background adaptation is on. You can adjust other things in here too as far as the recognition engine is concerned.

As for your second suggestion, that's currently being tested, so you can say "music album evil empire" to play the album or "music song bulls on parade" to play the song. I don't have it jumping to the folder though. It just plays it.

martijnschreuder

May 15, 2006
Great plugin... My roommate was scared by my computer responding to my call with "yes master"!!

I was affraid it might put a heavy load on the pc (as I use an somewhat older laptop as HTPC), but there is no problem there at all!! Keep it up!

gpoulim

Portal Member
June 9, 2006
Which microphone?

Sounds like a great plugin!

I have MediaPortal installed on a HTPC connected to TV and I'm usually sitting 4-5 meters from it.
The ideal mic for me would be one connected wirelessly to the PC, but also to AC power directly, to not have to change batteries frequently. It should be placed near me and it should preferably be directional, to pick just my voice and not any sounds from the TV or amp.

Any ideas ?

frodes

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hmm.. Can this be used together with the paralell port plugin?

"Computer" "turn on light in the livingrom"

"computer" "make coffee"

"computer" "fill the bath tub"

:D :D :D :D

Can it talk to me?

"computer"
"Yes, master?"
"go to radio"

:)

Can it go directly to features instead of navigating? Instead of selecting tv, and then selecting the channel, can I tell it to go directly to a channel?

"computer"
"yes master?"
"go to tv channel 8"

Now we are getting somewhere :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi Frodes, there is a new version that booyakasha is working on that will do most of those things.

Computer
    Yes?
    Play Music Genre Ambience

or
    Computer
    Yes?
    Play TV Chanel Seven

Sounds great hey? He's working hard and I think will have something for testing some time soon.
    I agree, this is such a small plugin (in the scheme of MP) but has such potential to really make the PC so much more than people realise. I understand he is also working on incorporating messaging, which means that MP may eventually be able to send messages to other plugins, for example, send to the MCE replacement plugin to blast IR signals to other appliances.
    Computer
    Yes
    Turn on Amplifier
    Switch to Aux input
    Turn on Outdoor Speakers.

Now that will be real 2000 technology ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread