myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

frodes

Portal Member
January 13, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sounds great hey?
Oh, yes ! :)
He's working hard and I think will have something for testing some time soon.
I agree, this is such a small plugin (in the scheme of MP) but has such potential to really make the PC so much more than people realise. I understand he is also working on incorporating messaging, which means that MP may eventually be able to send messages to other plugins, for example, send to the MCE replacement plugin to blast IR signals to other appliances.
Computer
Yes
Turn on Amplifier
Switch to Aux input
Turn on Outdoor Speakers.

Now that will be real 2000 technology ;-)

This sounds like something we see on TV from people investing a lot of money turning their houses into "future homes"... But this is all for free. (do I have to pay for the M$ speech thing, or is it part of office 2003?)

I installed media portal today, so I am just getting started.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
The MS Speech engine is free. Link is in the readme if you don't already have an office version of it installed. As Marcusb indicated, the upcoming version will have voice access to navigation, music, tv, radio, etc but not messaging with other plugins...yet. I plan that as a next phase. I'm just starting to look at the Basic Home Automation Plugin and the MCE Replacement plugin to see how to interface with them.

Dysp

Portal Member
December 3, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Can you please add the possible to get the computer to reply with a selected MP3 or Wave file?

It could be so cool to get the computer replying with the voice of an orc peon from Warcraft: "Yeeeeees?"

This CANT be hard to integrate! :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    heheh, I still answer people with that "yeeeeeesss" when I think they are going to give me work to do that I hate. Followed by the "Okayyyy".
    That's actually a really good inspiration for sound bites. Now I'll have to dig up my old WC2 disk.

And yes, Booyakasha has coded that into the new version. Works very well ;-)

Machismo

Portal Member
    July 23, 2006
    LA
    Home Country
    Any update on this plugin? I'm looking forward to the new version with the extra features mentioned.

Keep up the good work - it is appreciated!

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey guys,
    I m just testing MP at the moment, because I am thinking of putting Sceneos' TVC into the trashbin.... and found this really cool plugin.

Its really working great, I am very excited!!!!

cheers

joystick

fyyrest0rm

February 26, 2007
    Ok. What am I doing wrong guys/gals? I've read the readme a million times (limited as it is). I've installed the SDK 5.1 like it said, I've spent 30 or so minutes training the speech recognition. Then I start mediaportal and it just plain does not work? At the moment I'm using a mic and a pair of headphones while trying to get it to work. outside of mediaportal I can hear the noise that the mic is picking up through the headphones. But when I start mediaportal the headphones go silent. Is mediaportal muting the mic or something? I've looked and don't see a setting for it anywhere.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2005
    Canada
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think you want to mute the microphone playback. You shouldn't hear anything it's picking up. Also, I'm assuming that you're using the last 'stable' release, not the SVN

Users who are viewing this thread