myVoice Open Beta (3 Viewers)

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi...

Two quick questions:

1. Where do i find the 6.1 version? I have installed office 2003.

2. How do you change voice commands? Is that complicated?

(cant my Mp to respond in HeMan style.. :( )

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi...

Two quick questions:

1. Where do i find the 6.1 version? I have installed office 2003.

2. How do you change voice commands? Is that complicated?

(cant my Mp to respond in HeMan style.. :( )

1. Under control panel->Speech, Speech Recognition tab, you'll see a drop down listing the current recognition engines. Just make sure 6.1 is selected. If you haven't installed the engine, it should be on your office cd, although I hear it may be in different locations depending on which version you have.

2. You would have to find a HeMan TTS voice to do that, or make your own (complicated). I'm considering adding the ability to play a wave/mp3 file in a future version.

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
1. Under control panel->Speech, Speech Recognition tab, you'll see a drop down listing the current recognition engines. Just make sure 6.1 is selected. If you haven't installed the engine, it should be on your office cd, although I hear it may be in different locations depending on which version you have.

2. You would have to find a HeMan TTS voice to do that, or make your own (complicated). I'm considering adding the ability to play a wave/mp3 file in a future version.

1. Found out that its not supportedin the danish version... That why i cant find it..

2. That would be great with that ability... How about the ability of letting the user translate commands for himself? Or is that to complicated? Would be nice to use danish commands... Forme ofcourse...

Great plugin...

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
2. That would be great with that ability... How about the ability of letting the user translate commands for himself? Or is that to complicated? Would be nice to use danish commands... Forme ofcourse...

You want to be able to speak Danish to it? Unfortunately the MS Speech engine doesn't support it. English is the only one it understands.

Tazman

Portal Pro
May 15, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ahh... Ok... Thougt it was possible to link voice commands together with default commands in your plugin... If you know what i mean?? Like instead of saying "computer" like MarcusB mentioned.

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
An updated version of myVoice is available here

From the readme.txt:

Added TTS (Text to Speech) functionality:
Under settings, there is new setting call TTSEnable which you can set to "true" and "false" to turn it on and off.
In the configuration screen, you'll see a new tag, "response", where you can enter the appropriate text. I've only added values to 'my music', 'my videos', and 'my radio'

Added De-activation Command:
Located under "Main Deactivation" in the configuration screen, the default is "Computer Stop Listening"

Also it will speak the date and times:
"What time is it"
and
"What is today"

You can choose a default voice from the control panel outlet.

Bug Fixes:
Configuration screen wouldn't allow you to change label items.
Function key F2 didn't initiate editing of label

jjshabadoo

August 22, 2006
Just wanted to say this plugin is great.

Just put together a digital picture frame out of an old laptop, and was happy to see that I wouldnt need to add any buttons to control it.

Thanks!

Kingstonlim

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
Need help!!!
after SpeechSDK51 installation, i got this message when i click on my Speech icon. Why??? Can someone teach me how to solve this problem???

"The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device."

Thanks

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'm unfamiliar with the problem myself, but here's a possible solution from MS KB. Also, if you've installed/uninstalled the Speech Add-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer, you could run into this, or this

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think the problem you have is that you have selected the SDK.

In the speech part of control panel, you can choose the engine you want to use. I have the 5.1 engine, 6.3 engine and the 5.1SDK engine. In your case, I think you have selected the SDK version and not the 5.1.

Once that is done you should be able to train the engine very nicely.

Also, as a follow up from an earlier issue I was having, where the Mic volume kept turning itself down when using a desk top Mic, the issue turned out to be from when I let the speech engine adjust the microphone. Because when I did that I was close and there was no background noise, it set a very low level. Even though I manually overrode that for a louder level, it somehow remembered that and after the engine ran once, it would re-adjust to the low level.
    The solution was to run the mic config wizard but to talk very quitely. It set the mic to max volume and now stays there perfectly.

I forgot the way you have to think when dealing with MS...

Users who are viewing this thread