myVoice Open Beta (1 Viewer)

Kingstonlim

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
I couldn't solve the problem still after trying http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838659
and http://support.microsoft.com/?id=899311
and http://www.microsoft.com/speech/techinfo/Troubleshooting/troubleshooting_v1.1_problems_speechaddin.htm

in fact when after i delete UserLexicons file, system cannot re-create the file???

i download and install the speech enginehttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en#RelatedLinks
as in the installation guide, why can't it work??? anyone else have the same problem???

Kingstonlim

Portal Member
August 30, 2006
after install microsoft speech SDK 5.1, i only have 2 options in speech engine. Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1 and SAPI Developer Sampler Engine. Both give me the same message (task cannot carried out......)when i select and click OK
By the way i installed 2 webcam drivers (WISE CAM and Logitech QuickCam) in my comp before, has it got anything to do with this???
any other solution??
Thanks for helping

STAYS

Portal Member
September 17, 2006
Home Country
yea, I'm getting a similar problem with the microsoft sppech SDK 5.1
Nothing to do with MyVoice, as I haven't even installed that yet.

With mine, after installation, I ran speech from control panel
To start off, this took about 10 minutes to actually appear on the screen. After its loaded, when i click on one of the buttons (ie a tab, or a settings button) it appears to freeze. After leaving this for about 10 minutes, I came back to find the following error message:

Code:
The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary speech engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a different audio device.

Then I click OK and everything freezes up again. I found a page on microsoft support about it. And it didn't help at all.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=838659
They say there is a hotfix, but in order to get it they say I need to sign up for a support package or something of that sort. I'll keep messing with it to see what I can do.

Also, someone mentioned that Microsoft speech SDK 6.1 is availible on the microsoft office 2003 cd. I have the cd, where is it located?

:D
Tim

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
this is the radest plugin yet. Does anyone know where to get more voices to chose from as talkback???? Does the 6.1 version of the engine have better voices than the 5.1sdk????

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
this is the radest plugin yet. Does anyone know where to get more voices to chose from as talkback???? Does the 6.1 version of the engine have better voices than the 5.1sdk????

Glad you're liking it. As far as I know, there are other voices out there, but they are for-pay. You can check out neospeech for a demo. I can't tell if 6.1 has different voices, but they're still of the same variety as the 5.1 (very computer-like).
btw: The next release will have wave playback as well, so TTS may be a moot point for your needs

fod

Portal Pro
July 7, 2006
where do you add the neospeech voice, or rather how do you add it to the speech control panel as another optional voice???

slug54

Portal Member
May 21, 2006
Westfield, Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Great plugin booyakasha. It works very well.
I can't wait for WAV file playback that will be awesome!
Keep up the good work.

Slug54

Users who are viewing this thread