myVoice Open Beta (2 Viewers)

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
How do i instal "My voice"? when I extract the rar file into mediaportal\plugins\process\ i cant find My vice in the MP setup.
Did you go to Options/Configuration/Plugins and still not see it in the list of plugins there? Also confirm that the myVoice.dll is indeed in the plugins/process folder.

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
No. In the process folder i now have the folder "my vice" and "myvice.dll". I find the plugin in MP setup, but i dont find eny commands in the configuration.

tomeliten4

Portal Member
September 29, 2006
Seljord
Home Country
Norway Norway
I made it! But I have problems geting the "computer" to understand the word "select" it jumps to the settings.....and it wont listen when I say "home"....maybe the 6.1 or 62 engine is better?

booyakasha

Portal Pro
December 6, 2005
Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
I made it! But I have problems geting the "computer" to understand the word "select" it jumps to the settings.....and it wont listen when I say "home"....maybe the 6.1 or 62 engine is better?

Did you train your profile through the control panel app? If you trained it once, try it again. You can also change the word it understands for "select" to something else if you want inside the configuration

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi all, I'm back in Oz now :)

I found that to make MP respond to voices with much better accuracy, I deleted all the commands that I never use.
    booyakasha has done an excellent job by adding support for every plugin that you may use. Now you should go through and "prune" out the functions that you don't use. For example, I found that MP got confused between me saying "Enter" and the Editor plugin, Since one command I use a lot and one I never use then it was a pretty simple solution.

I also found that sometimes it's just better to change a word to one that is more easilly understood. You have to remember that the "English" speech recognition engine is geared towards "American English" and as a result has difficulties with my "down under" accent.

The plug in is fantastic, but we still have to make make allowances for the MS provided speech engine :)

Dysp

Portal Member
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Hey,

First of all; what a great plugin.

But from time to time the "computer" seems to ignore me without me saying the command for ignoring. This may be because of the low level of recoqnition-skills, which is okay, but I can't reactivate the "computer" again with "computer" afterwards. And because of this I will have to restart MP to again use voice commands.

And is it possible to add commands yourself? Example a TTS command where I say: "Response" and the computer should response: "Yes?". Then I would know that it is activated.
    Also I want to be a jerk and tell my friends that I am actually conversating with the computer by asking difficult questions and getting even smarter answers.

"What is PI's first 10 digits?"
    "3,14...." and so on?

It could be oh so funny.

When I try to add stuff like this, the voice-response doesn't seem to work at all.

Thank you :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I get the ignore thing occasionally. One thing that causes it is other plugins like Skype, since one of the options of Skype is to automatically adjust mic levels.

As for the voice response, this works well for me but you have to use a specific section. I'm away from home at the moment so can't remember exactly, but I think it isn't the "General" section. I can say "By the Power of GreySkull" and it responds with "I have the power".

Fred is still working on new functions for the plugin and I can tell you that they are very nice ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread