Not open for further replies.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    btw: HJsplit didn't work directly on the BD drive, i always got an error.
    So i made a quick batch skript with the help os sfk ( how to copy parts of a binary file: sfk partcopy ) which automatically copys the first 50mb of all files bigger than 50mb to a folder specified. If there is interest i can upload it.

It would be great if we could have a tool that copies all files and folders from a Blu-ray to a temporary directory and cuts all files at xx MB :D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    btw: HJsplit didn't work directly on the BD drive, i always got an error.
    So i made a quick batch skript with the help os sfk ( how to copy parts of a binary file: sfk partcopy ) which automatically copys the first 50mb of all files bigger than 50mb to a folder specified. If there is interest i can upload it.

It would be great if we could have a tool that copies all files and folders from a Blu-ray to a temporary directory and cuts all files at xx MB :D

Only specific files should be cut (main movie and the extras). If you cut some intro clips there is extra trouble or in some cases playback failues when the libbluray gives up reading a file thathas been cut of. This cannot be automitised (it would require some code that would analyse the HDMV code on the disk).

So, when making a sample, please cut only the main movie and the extras (no trailers if they are played before entering root menu :))

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Can we safely assume that localised versions do not differ?
    Otherwise I would recommend that the Wiki is also traciking at least the region code.

There could be differences - region code might not be enough for separating the disks but instead some code should be used (no disks around so cannot check what info there is).

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only specific files should be cut (main movie and the extras). If you cut some intro clips there is extra trouble or in some cases playback failues when the libbluray gives up reading a file thathas been cut of. This cannot be automitised (it would require some code that would analyse the HDMV code on the disk).

So, when making a sample, please cut only the main movie and the extras (no trailers if they are played before entering root menu :))

That makes sense, i guess i have to reupload at least some files of the Hellboy Disc (have only tested the files with the arcsoft player and was skipping the trailer files, and it worked).
    :edit: reuploading almost finished.

Still, here is my batch file, it cuts all files in the STREAM folder bigger than 50.000.000 bytes.
    At least you can cut them now alltogether, and then just pick the right ones.

1. get sfk164.exe from Swiss File Knife - Browse /1-swissfileknife/1.6.4 at SourceForge.net
    2. place in the same folder with the extracted split.bat
    3. edit bat (source folder, destination folder and size)
    4. just use the files from the main movie, and extras so that the menu is still working

Attachments

• split.rar
      320 bytes

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tangled 3D - Returns to MP after selecting language. It's supposed to load 00054.m2ts. Title OK.

Is it pure 3D disk (no 2D version of the movie)? That might explain it. If not then please upload a sample and I'll have a look on it.

From what I understand there's no 3D only Blu-rays. At least this disc also has the 2D version by default until I select 3D mode on the player. The 2D files are stored in the STREAM folder as usual but below that there's a SSIF folder which contains the second (right eye) stream. Perhaps we should update the Wiki with instructions about this.

I made a picture of how the menu is built to explain how it should play:
    Tangled menu.png

1. 00020.m2ts Walt Disney Studios
    Works fine in MP

2. 00002.mt2s Language selection
    Works fine in MP

3. Stay tuned for... - Different file depending on which language is selected:
    00052.mt2s English
    00053.mt2s
    00054.mt2s
    00090.mt2s
    00091.mt2s
    00092.mt2s
    00093.mt2s
    00094.mt2s Icelandic
    This is where MP fails. It won't load any of those files but instead returns to the MP GUI.

Video files after this is 3D capable so I also included the corresponding .ssif file
    4. 00026.m2ts Trailer

5. Main menu
    Begins with 00079.m2ts
    then continues with one of the following:
    00082.m2ts
    00142.m2ts
    00144.m2ts
    I don't know which one. They all look the same to me.

6. 00012.m2ts Main movie (cut to around 1 min)
    00013.m2ts Main movie part 2 (cut to 50 MB)

I didn't cut any of the files in step 1-5.
    Tested them by playing it in PowerDVD 11 which works fine.
    Uploading the sample to ftp now :)

:D

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I see that this is an MP installer by itself. If I installed it on top of MP 1.2.2 would it break everything? I'd like to try it but I want to keep my settings, etc.

Also, will this be incorporated into the main MP release branch at some point? Maybe with 1.3?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom