Status
Not open for further replies.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Native Blu-ray support

Hello today I would test the Avatar Blueray Disc. But Iit didn't succeed. The Windows for Autoplay s showing and you hear that the drive is reading the Disc, but nothing happens.

I have installed Passkey alöready.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Native Blu-ray support

Hello today I would test the Avatar Blueray Disc. But Iit didn't succeed. The Windows for Autoplay s showing and you hear that the drive is reading the Disc, but nothing happens.

Was the actual MP test build installed? dxdiag.log doesn't show BDreader.ax or DVBSub3.ax as registered filters. Also version information is not correct

Should be:

2012-01-06 18:43:08.138671 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: MediaPortal v1.2.0.456 is starting up on Windows 7 ( Service Pack 1 ) [6.1.7601.65536]
    2012-01-06 18:43:08.138671 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Build: 1.2.0-456-gaaecbcf-FEAT-3758-Implement_Blu-ray_playback_support

And it is:

2012-01-19 14:09:51.694335 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: MediaPortal v1.2.2.0 is starting up on Windows 7 [6.1.7600.0]
    2012-01-19 14:09:51.709960 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Build: 1.2.2.0

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok thank you I had installed it over the old version. Is a deinstall necessery ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For a proper testing yes :)
    I think when you have try to install, it say that all it's ok but it didn't upgrade this is why it didn't work.
    Good luck :)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Now it works after a fresh install. I have tested avatar but the menu don't work. I think this is already noticed.:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Could you upload a small sample of such disk?

"The Stanley Kubrick - A life in Pictures" BluRay always crashes in Title Mode (!!!) when selecting title #2 and jumping chapters.
    Tried that several times. The runtime displayed for title #1 & #2 is the same, thoug it is about 30 minutes longer than the actual documentary.

Please check the crash with version 3. If it still happens I would need a sample of that BD.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Version 3

Changes (only major ones listed - full change list available in GIT history):
    • Disabled seeking & pause when in root menu
    • Implemented dynamic video format changes (enabled only for LAV video decoder)
    • Improved Cyberlink video decoder compatibility
    • Fixed video decoder setting not obeyed on format changes if current decoder supported new format
    • Fixed memory leak in overlay handling
    • Fixed overlay not working in 1st clip (Alpha & Omega, Pearl Harbour...)
    • Fixed MPEG2 demuxing - clip was missing 5 bytes from the last frame. Caused many decoders to fail to show image on single frame menus
    • Fixed slow startup on BDs that are having incorrect information on the audio stream being present
    • Fixed buffering in EVR renderer
    • Fixed some BDs have missing menu cursor
    • Fixed pressing root menu button (d) in restricted area causing seek not to work afterwards
    • Improved threading in EVR presenter
    • Make sure that there are really audio streams present when parsing the audio stream information. Some BDs have incorrect clip information and it is possible to have incorrect pin output type (GUID_NULL) which causes graph building to fail if it happens on startup.
    Known generic issues:
    • Possible to deadlock on rapid seek or chapter changes
    • Blu-ray subtitles can be left hanging over the root menu in some cases

Download from: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808006-post2.html
    EVR renderer with MP Audio Renderer support enabled: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/808007-post3.html

Remember to update to LAV 0.45 when it is out - it contains two error fixes that will help with the smoothness of clip changes.

Currently the feedback that we are receiving is really low (almost non-existent). I have no real download count statistics available but the EVR renderer with MP Audio Renderer support enabled has been downloaded 40 times. And most likely majority of the people aren't needing / using it so there is probably more than 100 downloads for the installer and only few people have reported the results! There is no chance of getting the BD support into 1.3.0 release if the test result amount is not rising up.

I'll continue to monitor the testing and it's results but I wont be doing any development until there is good amount of reports about the compatibility and possible issues that have been found. Also the wiki list is quite out of date - please make sure that all the reported issues in wiki are either changed to working state or report to this thread that there is still the issue present in the latest test build.

Thanks for understanding! And big thanks for the people who have been providing the test results - those have been really valuable for the BD support development.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry for my 2 weeks delay, i'm updating the wiki today :sorry:
    (EDIT: Updated the wiki with all my tested discs).

Will retest the discs which gave me errors, too.

I'm currently uploading the clockwork orange sample. (EDIT: Uploaded)

With Beta3, it is not possible to open the popup menu anymore within the trailers and bonus features.
    So i cannot reproduce the problem anymore.
    When playing the disc with Arcsoft TMT 5.2 i can open the popup menu within the trailers.
    (Just the two entries "Play Movie" and "Disc Menu" available, like in my screenshot but with correct placement).

"The Stanley Kubrick - A life in Pictures" BluRay always crashes in Title Mode (!!!) when selecting title #2 and jumping chapters.
    Tried that several times. The runtime displayed for title #1 & #2 is the same, thoug it is about 30 minutes longer than the actual documentary.

Please check the crash with version 3. If it still happens I would need a sample of that BD.

I usually do not get a crash with beta3 now, sometimes when changing chapters i get a complete freeze with no mediaportal reaction anymore (maybe 2 in 20 times).
    But instead of a complete freeze just the picture freezes and audio continues (10 in 20 times). When in such a state playing with the subtitles menu and changing them usually makes the video continue, but not always.
    The rest of the time chapters are change work as the should. I haven't really found a pattern.

The picture freeze happens in menu mode, too.

With this disc i get the popup menu placement error again.
    http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/live_in_pictures_popup_menu_error.png

Currently preparing a sample for upload. (EDIT: Uploaded)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MENU working but needs attention:

Alchemy Live (1984) -> Menu visible, but navigation pointer not showing
    Andrea Bocelli - Concerto One Night in Central Park (2011) -> Menu OK, Popup Menu error: BDPlayer: CurrentSubtitleStream failed - TODO: add stream cache on .ax side
    Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010) -> Menu visible, but navigation pointer disappears (Popup Menu works 50%, doesn't always close after song selection)
    Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad Live (2008) -> Menu showing, but song selection freezes MP
    The Tribute to Pavarotti (2009) -> Menu shows for 1 second, then jumpst back to MP menu
    Tiesto - Elements of Life Worldtour (2008) -> Wrong stream gets selected (Menu is working when selected through MP context menu)
    Within Temptation & The Metropole Orchestra - Black Symphony (2008) -> Menu OK (Popup Menu doesn't close after selecting a song)

Alchemy Live (1984) -> Working
    Andrea Bocelli - Vivere (2008) -> Confirmed working when pressing D before clip freezes
    Andrea Bocelli - Concerto One Night in Central Park (2011) -> Working
    Madonna - Sticky & Sweet Tour (2010) -> Working
    Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad Live (2008) -> Main Menu & song selection works First song selection from Popup Menu (during playback) works, after that Popup Menu disappears from MP context menu Strange 1...
    The Tribute to Pavarotti (2009) -> Working
    Tiesto - Elements of Life Worldtour (2008) -> Working (PDVD11 also starts concert and not menu)
    Within Temptation & The Metropole Orchestra - Black Symphony (2008) -> Popup Menu still doesn't close after song selection and GUI doesn't show DVDMenu or Popup Menu any more

Nice job guys!!

Wiki updated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom