Native Blu-ray support (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    So preferred subs are working for me on those 2 discs when MENU is selected. :p

Those disks aren't probably having any language selection in menu? As when ever the language is selected from BD's native menu we shouldn't override that selection.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Those disks aren't probably having any language selection in menu? As when ever the language is selected from BD's native menu we shouldn't override that selection.

Beyoncé -> Choice 'Set Up' in Main Menu to select subtitles
    Andrea Bocelli -> Choice 'Set Up' in Main Menu to select subtitles

So short answer: Yes, both disc has subtitle selection in menu but i just started the concerts right away when the menu popped up.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Beyoncé -> Choice 'Set Up' in Main Menu to select subtitles
    Andrea Bocelli -> Choice 'Set Up' in Main Menu to select subtitles

So short answer: Yes, both disc has subtitle selection in menu but i just started the concerts right away when the menu popped up.

Ok. Could you just verify that selecting a language from the subtitle selection doesn't get overridden. If it doesn't then all is working as it should.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok. Could you just verify that selecting a language from the subtitle selection doesn't get overridden. If it doesn't then all is working as it should.

Beyoncé: Selected English subs in BD menu. MP Context Menu -> Subtitles. Still shows AUTO: NLD, but the displayed subs are indeed English.
    Bocelli: Same as above.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It was when you are a lot of little .m2ts files in stream folder :) you shouldn't see a big .m2ts file.

Thanks. I only have a big .m2ts-file, so i guess it's not seamless. I will continue testing tomorrow and possibly make a sample of it.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad Live (2008) -> Main Menu & song selection works First song selection from Popup Menu (during playback) works, after that Popup Menu disappears from MP context menu Strange 1

Within Temptation & The Metropole Orchestra - Black Symphony (2008) -> Popup Menu still doesn't close after song selection and GUI doesn't show DVDMenu or Popup Menu any more

Those issues are related to the libbluray side error and additional error handling in MP player side. Lets hope the lib side issues are sorted out soon so we don't have to create any temporary workarounds (it wouldn't still allow fixing the popup issues 100%).

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I uploaded a sample of Minority Report. You can safely skip chapters forward two times, before you run out of stream :)
    With my setup, the first chapter skip freezes picture, but sound continues. The second chapter skip stops playback and returns to mediaportal home-menu. With the purchased disc, if I skip chapters rapidly, I get a Mediaportal-crash.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I uploaded a sample of Minority Report. You can safely skip chapters forward two times, before you run out of stream :)
    With my setup, the first chapter skip freezes picture, but sound continues. The second chapter skip stops playback and returns to mediaportal home-menu.

Just by pressing F8? Here it works, so it is either some codec related issue or david has already fixed it. Lets hope it is the later one.

With the purchased disc, if I skip chapters rapidly, I get a Mediaportal-crash.

Some chapter change fixes are in GIT (david did commit) - those should help, so lets retest when the v4 is out.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Just by pressing F8? Here it works, so it is either some codec related issue or david has already fixed it. Lets hope it is the later one.

Yes. I don't know, if it matters, but... when using PowerDVD to play the disc and I skip a chapter, there is a graphic pop up of a "chapter list" every time. Something that I have not seen before.

Some chapter change fixes are in GIT (david did commit) - those should help, so lets retest when the v4 is out.

Cool, let's see if that helps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom