• Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried v3 with DVDFab Lite.

The Broken (BD-J) - Title OK
    Zombie Strippers (BD-J) - Title OK

Kingdom of Heaven - Menu OK. There is not really any menu. This disc relies on the Popup menu for audio/subtitles and scene selection. I have the same trouble as HomeY with the Popup Menu. It's possible to use it once but it won't disappear when pressing Esc. Instead MP Home screen is shown and if I open the context menu by F9, Popup Menu is not listed.
    I reinstalled v2 to confirm that it's behaving normally. Pressing Esc just closes the Popup Menu and does not return to MP Home screen.

Request: is it possible that Bluray Subtitles and Audio language is auto selected (to Swedish in my case) just like Configuration > Videos > Language works?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Request: is it possible that Bluray Subtitles and Audio language is auto selected (to Swedish in my case) just like Configuration > Videos > Language works?

I have that working. Configurable in MP Config -> Blu-ray -> Language tab

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I have that working. Configurable in MP Config -> Blu-ray -> Language tab

Rememebr that it will affect only the tite mode. In menu mode all the audio & subtitle language selections are driven by the menu / popup menu selections.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks Tourettes for your hard work!

Wiki updated.
    Changed Bangkok Dangerous to OK, since it didn't freeze anymore + it might have been deadlock all along.
    Added Planet of the Apes (2001) to list, working OK (not BD-J)

I have Minority Report (BD-J) tested and it won't let me skip chapters in title mode. I'm going to wait, until LAV filter 0.45 is released and I will test again (currently have 0.44).

Cheers,
    FrankDrebin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have Minority Report (BD-J) tested and it won't let me skip chapters in title mode. I'm going to wait, until LAV filter 0.45 is released and I will test again (currently have 0.44).

LAV 0.45 is highly unlikely to fix it (I'm 99.9% sure it is either BDReader.ax or libbluray.dll issue). So, if it is not seamless BD please upload a sample.

MacGyver2k

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    to the Hellboy US Audio/Subtitle problems:

behavior with Arcsoft TMT5.2:
    when opening the subs menu the default item "off" is fading between red to grey
    if you mouseover/select an item "off" stays red and the current item fades between red and grey.

same goes for the audio menu, current selected languag stays red and the mouseover-item fades between red and grey.

MP BD beta2:
    when moving over an sub/audio item nothing happens, no fade to grey/red.
    current selected audio/subs stay red, but when moving cursor over them they seem not selected at all.

MP BD beta3:
    in subs menu the button fades to gray when mouse is over (but not red).
    like that:
    http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_sub_mouseover_dutch.png
    http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_sub_mouseover_german.png

in audio menu: nothing happens when mouse is moved over.
    like that (the cursor is over "german"): http://macgyver.karmafish.net/mediaportal/BD_test_logs/hellboy_audio_mouseover_german.png

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This disc relies on the Popup menu for audio/subtitles and scene selection. I have the same trouble as HomeY with the Popup Menu. It's possible to use it once but it won't disappear when pressing Esc. Instead MP Home screen is shown and if I open the context menu by F9, Popup Menu is not listed.

There is two different issues / bugs on libbluray side about the popup menu handling. I have sent an email to the libbluray dev. V2 works better in some cases as it didn't verify the result code from lib direction (lib says it fails when the operation succeeded).

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

LAV 0.45 is highly unlikely to fix it (I'm 99.9% sure it is either BDReader.ax or libbluray.dll issue). So, if it is not seamless BD please upload a sample.

Dumb guestion, but how do I know, when a blu-ray is seamless or not?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    It was when you are a lot of little .m2ts files in stream folder :) you shouldn't see a big .m2ts file.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rememebr that it will affect only the tite mode. In menu mode all the audio & subtitle language selections are driven by the menu / popup menu selections.

Well, i just double-checked again.

Andrea Bocelli (Vivere) -> NL Subs shown
    Beyoncé - I am Yours... An Intimate Performance at Wynn Las Vegas -> NL Subs shown

Both releases are Multi-sub.

When i enter Context menu and check 'Subtitles' both discs show: AUTO: NLD

So preferred subs are working for me on those 2 discs when MENU is selected. :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom