Native Blu-ray support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I uploaded a sample of Minority Report. You can safely skip chapters forward two times, before you run out of stream :)
    With my setup, the first chapter skip freezes picture, but sound continues. The second chapter skip stops playback and returns to mediaportal home-menu. With the purchased disc, if I skip chapters rapidly, I get a Mediaportal-crash.

I cannot reproduce that issue with the current code in GIT. Either david's chapter change fixes have cured this or it is an issue with the decoders. Let's hope it is the 1st one.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I uploaded a sample of Minority Report. You can safely skip chapters forward two times, before you run out of stream :)
    With my setup, the first chapter skip freezes picture, but sound continues. The second chapter skip stops playback and returns to mediaportal home-menu. With the purchased disc, if I skip chapters rapidly, I get a Mediaportal-crash.

I cannot reproduce that issue with the current code in GIT. Either david's chapter change fixes have cured this or it is an issue with the decoders. Let's hope it is the 1st one.

OK, cool. I will test it again, when a new test version arrives.

kjarrig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I tried my discs again. I have Icelandic configured as a preferred audio and preferred subtitle. In MP, English audio and subtitles are selected. This was fixed in version 2, but in version 3 it doesn't work.
    UP. Can choose the menu, and it plays, but when the film should start, it goes back to MP. Fast forward seems to crash MP, as some other has stated.
    Pirates of Caribbean, Stranger Tides, fast forward is not smooth, and finally MP crashes. English audio and subtitles instead of English audio and Icelandic subtitles.
    National Treasure, Book of Secret. Menu plays, but goes to MP menu when the film should start. Fast forward crashes the MP.
    So I stopped testing.
    I'm testing on 64bit machine. Using LAV filters, version 0.45.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but it seems to me that version 3 is less stable than version 2.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I tried my discs again. I have Icelandic configured as a preferred audio and preferred subtitle. In MP, English audio and subtitles are selected. This was fixed in version 2, but in version 3 it doesn't work.

A sample of this BD would be nice to have. Others haven't reported any stream selection issues with the v3.

UP. Can choose the menu, and it plays, but when the film should start, it goes back to MP. Fast forward seems to crash MP, as some other has stated.

A sample would be nice to have. I suspect that the movie is BD-J clip and therefore fails. What comes to fast forward if you are using 2x, 4x etc. playback speeds - then dont :) Those arent currently supported or even implemented at all in the source filter. Implementing those is quite tricky so in the 1st release I might just disable those completely.

Pirates of Caribbean, Stranger Tides, fast forward is not smooth, and finally MP crashes. English audio and subtitles instead of English audio and Icelandic subtitles.

for the stream selection issue, please provide a BDReader.log. Maybe the disk wont contain language descriptors (this is case with few test disk I have).

National Treasure, Book of Secret. Menu plays, but goes to MP menu when the film should start. Fast forward crashes the MP.

Check if the disk has BD-J titles, If not then please upload a sample.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Tested The Three Musketeers 2011 3D German

Menu works fine, all features seem to work.
    Popup menu also works but I can only bring it up once. The next time I'm opening the context menu by pressing F9, there's no Popup Menu option to select.
    MP crashes when jumping with skip steps but I hear this has already been fixed.

Wiki updated (y)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    New test build available with following major changes.

Note 1 - that there are serious issues (bitstreaming, DXVA...) with some of the latest beta Nvidia GPU driver versions - please do not report any issues with those drivers without making sure that it is not Nvidia's driver that causes the trouble. I'm not planning to spend my free time as a Nvidia support person. 29

Note 2 - Use LAV 0.47, 0.46 has bug / regression that could cause crashes on some specific situations (boundaries of short clips). 0.47 should be out quite soon...

Version 4

Changes (only major ones listed - full change list available in GIT history):
    • Fixed seeking & chapter changes causing deadlock randomly
    • Fixed a crash with LAV video decoder when seeking over clip boundaries (inside one title)
    • Fixed chapter changes not working on all BDs within the popup menu
    • Fixed popup menu drawn incorrectly when BD contains both SD and HD material
    • Fixed popup menu status handling
    • Fixed EVR renderer not being released properly
    • Improved Cyberlink video decoder compatibility
    Known generic issues:
    • 1 frame menu background clips could are randomy failing to draw the image
    • Blu-ray subtitles can be left hanging over the root menu in some cases
    Download

Again a plea for more testing... please report more success / failure than with the previous version (v3). I have already shifted my main working area on the MediaPortal Audio Renderer's next version because of the lack in the feedback.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom