Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
January 30, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All

This is probably a really dumb question but i have installed version 4 and LAV. I have set all settings i believe to be correct.

I am unable to play any blue ray disks, I just get unable to play index.bmdv no matter what i do..

Is there a basic setup guide and do i need a particular player ?

Any help is appreciated.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I am unable to play any blue ray disks, I just get unable to play index.bmdv no matter what i do..

Is there a basic setup guide and do i need a particular player ?

Just to make sure, are you using AnyDVD HD or some similar program as the MP can play only unencrypted disks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey Wakeup guys :)
    I would say that all is working good with Version 4 ?
    If yes it's really nice :)
    Guys could you confirm it ?
    Big Thanks :)

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just to make sure, are you using AnyDVD HD or some similar program as the MP can play only unencrypted disks.
    Thank you for your response tourettes.
    I have installed ANY DVD HD and still get error
    Unable to play Index.BDMV
    video codec AVC
    Audio codec: DTS MA

So i guess something is missing and are really unsure what to check now..

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Snoopy08,

what codecs have you selected for bluray playback in configuration - the problem is in that area as the directshow graph was unable to load. It may be worth checking that videos play too using the same codecs as bluray has setup. Or it could be that disk (as it's BD-J), try another one as well as checking the codecs.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    so i havnt been able to use this version of MP (with native blu ray support) even from version 1 ... i can get the bdmv files to start playing but theres no option selection like the bd handler plug in had...

i install each version when they appear but i cant get the selection menu to appear..

i eventually bit the bullet and uninstalled mp completely and installed v4 ...now i see the selection menu '(just like bd handler plugin) but it now crashes on me ... saying my tv server is version 1.2.2.0 and his is only 1.2.0.0... so its not compatible... even tho myTV works fine

i know my codecs should work (SAF 607) with the splitter set correctly, the audio enabled for dts and the video codec set to lavcuid)

anydvd works fine and when i run the bdmv thru graphstudionext, i get he 1st menu selection(from the usual list) to play fine...the problem is thats not the movie menu selection (Inception blu ray
    )

heres my logs

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi SilenTYL,
    For testing, try backup TVPlugin by zipping it (in plugins\windows folder) and remove the dll.
    The TV will not work but you can retry BD and see if all was ok :)
    Seb.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom