davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    SiLenTYL

could you upload a sample of that movie as it contains a scenario we've only came across a few times (a clip with audio but little or no video)? Although it is a BD-J so the problem could be there.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok so just to be clear.. i DID get this working previously when bd handler was a plugin.. but not since its natively in MP
    i dont really want to go back to the old version tho

i can get the .bdmv to play the 1st selection (which isnt the movie) in graphedit .. not sure how to test other selections?
    ill make a sample and add it to this post tomorrow

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

You can try to install BDH on this build and if enable, it will override BD Menu and so you can see if codec/anydvd is ok under MP :)
    After that you have to disable BDH and retry BD Menu.
    Just to be sure that for testing, you must use MyVideo like Movpic etc will not work.
    Seb.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I just do a fresh install on my Work PC and i get issue to see BD (blackscreen and sometimes a MP Freeze).
    I just see that it was because i didn't set language for Audio and Subtitle in Blu-ray / Language section.
    I just want to inform that :)
    Thanks.

FrankDrebin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I re-tested those discs I was having problems with and the results are in:

Burn after reading - Now works OK
    Minority report (BD-J) - Now works OK in title mode. I can skip chapters all day long

Dejavu - still the same. Language selection appears, but after selecting the language it drops back to Mediaportal main screen. Title mode works OK. This disc is just a mess to make a sample out of, so I'm going to skip that.

I used the latest test version of "Blu-ray"-Mediaportal and LAV filters 0.48.

I will see, if I can get more discs to test from a co-worker of mine. I will report back next week.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Dejavu - still the same. Language selection appears, but after selecting the language it drops back to Mediaportal main screen. Title mode works OK. This disc is just a mess to make a sample out of, so I'm going to skip that.

I think I have already a smaple of that. At least I have marked that BD to be broken on libbluray side (fails on Xine as well).

I will see, if I can get more discs to test from a co-worker of mine. I will report back next week.

Nice! There aren't that many reports about failures / success cases so everysingle tested BD is a really good to have.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ahh umm the m2ts files are all jumbled.. how do u wan the sample?

You mean that there are lot of M2TS files? In that case sounds like the disk would be a seamless branching one. If it is then only way to provide a sample is to upload a full copy of the disk. But as BD disks are around 40GB it is not that nice to provide such samples.

Do you have any other disks that you could test?

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    most of my blu-rays are like this
    i can try re-encoding them but thats sort of not the point of using original discs.. lol

i have quite a few blu rays to try out then.. ill post results for all to see (assuming any of them work)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom