Native Bluray, dropped frames with full subtitles (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No idea why, but it's probably due to the subtitle rendering.
    Yeps, seems that way. his MediaPortal.log is full of timeouts.

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, this night I try with EnableDWMQueuedMode, this afternoon I haven't got more time for test now.

I test with "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" uncheked only over The Hobbit film because with Harry Potter reproduce directly other stream, no the principal movie, and I don't know how select it.

With The Hobbit I do 2 test, 10 minutes and 30 minutes. The tests start with 2 drop frames and continue with the same drop frames, not increment. Other think, the bluray drive noise is quiet and continuous, it hasn't hight variations in the velociy.

I attach the logs, the subtitles capture and the screen capture after 30 minutes.

In the advance subtitles I configurate 5 buffers but with 3 buffers the result is the same.

P.D: With I disabled "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" the display change refress don't work for bluray. I must change manualy to 23 Hz for the test.

subtitles.jpg subitles-avanced.jpg screen-capture.jpg

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    46k+ frames drawn and only 2 dropped? You really shouldn't worry about that :)

DRR should work with LAVSplitter also, will check that.

** EDIT **
    Yeps, DRR + LAVSplitter working fine here:
    [2014-01-19 17:05:55,885] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: framerate on file \\SERVER\Concerts\Adele - Live at the Royal Albert Hall (2011) tt2122272\BDMV\index.bdmv is 29,97
    [2014-01-19 17:05:55,887] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: current refreshrate is 60hz - changing it to 59hz
    [2014-01-19 17:05:55,887] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger.SetRefreshRateBasedOnFPS: using internal win32 method for changing refreshrate. current is 60hz, desired is 59
    [2014-01-19 17:05:55,887] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - RefreshRateChanger AdapterOrdinal value is 0
    [2014-01-19 17:05:55,889] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - CycleRefreshRate: Current MonitorIndex : 0 and current deviceName : \\.\DISPLAY1
    [2014-01-19 17:05:56,611] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DISPLAYCHANGE
    [2014-01-19 17:05:56,613] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - CycleRefreshRate: result DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL for refresh rate change 59Hz
    But i've got my Blu-rays on HDD, and not on Disc, so maybe there's a difference.

I'm curious thought... Did you get the same amount of dropped frames with The Hobbit when you had that 'internal Blu-ray player' option checked?

Last edited:

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No, no... sorry I don't explain well, it's very good result. Only have 2 frames on start and I haven't more in the test, it's very good.

But I have one question, in this last tests, I see that Mediaportal DVBSub3 and Mediaportal BD Render don't appear and the filters information is different. Do I the test correctly?

I attach other capture with "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" enabled.

enable-usemenu-screen.jpg

Last edited:

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No, when I enabled internal menu player, in 30 minutes I've 10 frames dropped (aleatories) and in 10 minutes I have 3 or 4 frames, I don't remember well.

The drops frame is during movie playback with internal menu enabled with it disabled the drop frames only on start.

Other think is the noise for bluray drive, it's diferent too, I try explain in english but it's dificult for my, with disabled internal menu player the velocity and noise is continous and low with enabled interal menu player when drop frames the noise and velocity increment little time and after down.

Thanks.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But I have one question, in this last tests, I see that Mediaportal DVBSub3 and Mediaportal BD Render don't appear and the filters information is different. Do I the test correctly?
    Yes, that's correct, because you use the LAVSplitter now instead of the BDReader.

No, when I enabled internal menu player, in 30 minutes I've 10 frames dropped (aleatories) and in 10 minutes I have 3 or 4 frames, I don't remember well.
    If that's all, then i assume there is nothing to worry about.

About the drive noise. It might be that BDReader has more problems with the Subs then LAVSplitter has. And then your disc probably spins faster to make up the 'lost time' (but that's only a guess...)

Besides the stats showing you dropped frames, do you notice it when you watch a movie? Do you experience stuttering or subtitles out-of-sync or something else?
    If not, then i wouldn't worry about those few drops ;)

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello and thanks for your reply,

when I watch the movie (last Harry Potter movie), when the frame is dropped, I detect a micro stop-start in the image. Other times, I have got drop and/or repeat frames (I attach logs for drop and repeat frames, with DWM and not DWM), really I've got minus drop frames, but when repeat frames occur, the screen turns green in this point, after the movie continuous normal, but for repeat frames, the behavior is the same (I attach capture, is the same for DWM and not DWM). I don't detect this before because I don't watch all movie for the test, only view some parts.

with other players I haven't got this problem, the movie hasn't got problems.

capture-screen.jpg

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello, sorry for my later reply, yesterday I test some alternatives and I can't reply.

I update LAVFilsters, modify some configuration in LAV Video Filter, disable DWM with it I have worse results, append video postprocessing and now I have 3 dropped and 6 repeat frames in 30000 drawn. Very good results, and I have the same results with subtitles too.

But I have other problem, the same with or without subtitles. When I see the movie, sometimes one or two times in 30 minutes, the movie stop the reproduction (picture freezes) two or three seconds, in this time starts read disc and after continues with the movie.

This night I try attach logs for this case.

Last edited:

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good night, I attch screen capture and logs for the previous case, the tests are with subtitles and without it.

More or less the problem occurs at 16:52:37, 19:28:07 and 20:08:00. I can't interpretate the log, but allways that I have the problem I see in evr.log some lines how,

Code:
    [2014-01-21 20:07:55,689] [13e757f0] [ 830] - Scheduling sample from the past (2326.13 ms, last call to NotifyWorker: 0.31 ms, Queue: 0)

and after, drop frames,

Code:
    [2014-01-21 20:07:58,092] [13e757f0] [139c] - Dropping frame, nextSampleTime -6.02 ms, last sleep 3.81 ms, last pres -37.00 ms, paint 2.95 ms, queue count 4, SOP 175, EOP 255, RawFRRatio 1, dropped 3, drawn 9136

I try explain the secuence, I put a bluray disc in the driver, I wait to finish driver rotation and play the movie. When the driver rotate again the movie stop, drop the frames (I think that in this point read disc) and continue.

In pictures you can see the drop frames.

stop-image_16_52.jpg stop-image-19_28.jpg stop-image-20_08.jpg

P.D: Without postprocessing the problem is the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom