Native Bluray, dropped frames with full subtitles (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TNX for the screenshots, those show a different problem now.
    Look @ the 'Act FPS' on the 2nd line. That's the red line in your graph, and were you had a nice match between the FPS of the movie & your refreshrate, this is now off. Your Act FPS shows 15/16 FPS, which is way too slow, and results in dropped frames.
    I assume you've set LAV to copy-back? Can you try it again with DXVA(2) native and see if you get the proper 23.976 FPS back.

You might want to check out this Wiki page also:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Stuttering_Playback

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks for the reply, I have DXVA native in my configuration because copy-back don't work well for me.

I test again looking Act FPS and I try explain the case. When the movie start the value for Act FPS is 23.976/23.980 FPS, and it's a continuous value, but in a moment, the movie freeze, the bluray drive start rotate with high speed (during this time, the movie continuous frozen), I think that it's reading disc and after, the driver speed decreases and the movie continuous.

When the movie continues, the initial value for Act FPS is 15/16 FPS, you can see de U in the graphics and quickly fixed the value to 23.976/23.980 FPS. In the pictures you can see this because I take the capture immediately after continue.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It sounds like your Blu-ray drive spins up/down all the time, but doesn't keep up with the playback rate.
    Try copying a disc to a local HDD if possible. If that runs fine, then we know the problem.

** EDIT **
    Seb was reading my mind again ;)

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Sorry, yesterday I finish latter my tests. When I reproduce .iso I haven't the problem, only I have some frame dropped but the film don't freeze. I tests the bluray disc with other software players too, but I haven't the freeze problem, only with MP.

When I reproduce .iso file, I have some drop frames, but with reclock how audio render with the wiki configuration, I only have 11 frames dropped in 80000 frames drawn (very good) and I haven't any repeated, without reclock, I have dropped and repeated frames.

I try test the same configuration with disc and I have the problem, I try test with other driver this weekend.

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Good morning, I want to do other test but I don't know how I can do. I want unchecked "Use internal Blu-ray menu player" and play the movie for use only LAVSplitter, but I have got one cuestion, do you know how I can select the movie stream in this situation?

When I disable internal blu-ray, I only can play a extras stream.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    You have to use BDHandler (i need to update official link)
    Attached is the one i use :) (you have to copy it in process folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process' enable it in config and should be ok :)

Attachments

• BDHandler_for_1.6.0.zip
      56.7 KB

crown2999

Portal Member
    February 28, 2012
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks, I try test and post the results with LAVSplitter and actual bluray driver, but I wait to test with new bluray driver too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom