Netflix for OnlineVideos (4 Viewers)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What about toogling Audio/Subtitles? (Kids only understand danish for now )
    I had the same problem and according to the netflix support the player will always pick the language of the country where the pc is located.
    In my case the pc will recognize that I am in Germany and play everything in german (if available as audiostream).
    As for now there are no hotkeys for changing the audio stream but he (support guy)
    forwarded my suggestion and maybe they will implement that anytime...

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    according to the netflix support the player will always pick the language of the country where the pc is located.
    This I don't think is entirely correct for all countries. In the nordic countries we never dub movies (except kids titles), we are very used to subtitles. But I think it's correct for countries like Germany and France where you almost always dub movies.

As for now there are no hotkeys for changing the audio stream but he (support guy)
    forwarded my suggestion and maybe they will implement that anytime...
    This would be great!

Arni_69

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Netflix start on the primary monitor and not on the monitor where MP run. You can change it?
    Have do all issues in the other treats but nothing work.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Jason Pyke has improved monitor handling so one will be able select default monitor. Will come in an update of Online Videos further on.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I'm really excited about this plugin. I am able to log in and browses videos, however when I start a video I get .net error. Is there a specific .net version I need?

Error is: unhandled execption has occured etc.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have the same problem.

My system:
    W7 SP1 with IE11
    Netflix works in an manual IE window

I can also browse the content in MP but when ill start playing a movie IE pops up with an white background (in fullscreen mode) and the .NET Framework error message appears:

upload_2014-11-19_21-9-50.png

The error message is attached in the file.
    Hope you can fix this.

thx
    pOpY[DOUBLEPOST=1416428076][/DOUBLEPOST]And here the MP logs....

Attachments

• exec.txt
      6.8 KB

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm really excited about this plugin. I am able to log in and browses videos, however when I start a video I get .net error. Is there a specific .net version I need?

Error is: unhandled execption has occured etc.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I have the same problem.

My system:
    W7 SP1 with IE11
    Netflix works in an manual IE window

I can also browse the content in MP but when ill start playing a movie IE pops up with an white background (in fullscreen mode) and the .NET Framework error message appears:

View attachment 157843

The error message is attached in the file.
    Hope you can fix this.

thx
    pOpY[DOUBLEPOST=1416428076][/DOUBLEPOST]And here the MP logs....

I don't know why this is happening, maybe @offbyone or @Jason Pyke can figure out what kind of problem you are having. But first, please attach proper logs. See earlier in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/netflix-for-onlinevideos.127814/page-11#post-1108934

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It looks like it's failing to load something and then failing to force quit. It's difficult to know for sure what it's failing on as there's no reliable logging in this version of the BrowserHost.

There is a new version due to be released which improves the logging and general functionality of the browser host, so it may fix this issue also.

The only thing I can think of in the mean time is maybe the host can't find the dll it needs for Netflix (following the code through, that seems like the likely issue). Is MediaPortal installed to different location? Can you also check that the OnlineVideos.Sites.Ministerk.dll is within the sub directory plugins\windows\onlinevideos of MediaPortal?

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Is MediaPortal installed to different location?
    Have checked the location and it is installed to the default location; C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Can you also check that the OnlineVideos.Sites.Ministerk.dll is within the sub directory plugins\windows\onlinevideos of MediaPortal?

the dll is there, details of the file:

upload_2014-11-20_13-44-17.png

So could ill do anything else about it (get other logs?...) or just wait for the new version?

thx pOpY

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I'm not sure there is much else which can be done until the new version is released. Hopefully, at the very least, it'll give us some more useful information than the current version does.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    New version, new feature!
    • Manage "My List" Category
      • Add titles to "My List"
      • Remove titles to "My List"
      • Add or remove from the context menu of the title in titles listings, e.g. in "Browse -> Action Category" and "My List"
      • This does not only affect Netflix for OnlineVideos, titles will be added or removed in any Netflix application used by the user/profile
      • Enable in site context menu
    Also I have somewhat improved the descriptions, better structure and you see your (predicted) rating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom