RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For everybody that wants to watch netflix with different languages:
    I've now found a way to have different profiles for the respective languages. That's almost what I tried some time ago but here comes the difference.
    Whereas creating profiles with prefered languages does not change the playback language the solution is much simpler.
    Just watch a movie and manually switch to the desired language. Keep that movie running for more than 5 minutes and that should be it.
    Netflix saves the language after 5 minutes and uses that for every other movie watched with that profile.
    Other profiles won't be affected by that which allows to have different profiles for different languges.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For everybody that wants to watch netflix with different languages:
    I've now found a way to have different profiles for the respective languages. That's almost what I tried some time ago but here comes the difference.
    Whereas creating profiles with prefered languages does not change the playback language the solution is much simpler.
    Just watch a movie and manually switch to the desired language. Keep that movie running for more than 5 minutes and that should be it.
    Netflix saves the language after 5 minutes and uses that for every other movie watched with that profile.
    Other profiles won't be affected by that which allows to have different profiles for different languges.
    Wow that's great! Thank you for sharing!

Edit: I also quoted you in OP

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Me again ;)

Now ill have an RC6 MCE comaptible receiver in my sleeping room.
    After messing around with the mappings all (MP + Eventghost + OV Netflix) is running well, except one thing:

I have mapped different functions on my harmony, like "Videos" -> "Moving Pictures", "Series" -> "MPTV-Series" and so on....
    They work like they should until ill start netflix and return to MP (send simulated ESC with eventghost to return).
    Ill be back in MP and could move around with cursor, select things with "OK", but all the keys mapped within the config section "Remotes -> MCE" doesnt work!
    Also standard keys like "Exit", "Guide" doesnt work anymore after starting Netflix once. After a reboot all keys startedto work again.
    In my living room with an USBUIRT all is working fine and ill dont have this issue, so it must be MCE releated.

Is this a known issue?
    Anybody else have this issue?
    Maybe when the browserhost is launched some MP MCE functions/threads are suspended and not woken up after returning to MP?

thx
    pOpY

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I haven't had this issue reported, but you're one of the few people running the new remote handling version of the browser host.

I'll send you an updated dll, which will force a reinitialise when the browser host is closed - hopefully this will solve the issue.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey Jason.

Man you are fast.
    Will try it soon and report back!

Pm me your PayPal address and i will donate for your perfect support

Thx
    pOpY

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    I haven't had this issue reported, but you're one of the few people running the new remote handling version of the browser host.

I'll send you an updated dll, which will force a reinitialise when the browser host is closed - hopefully this will solve the issue.
    The New DLL is working! My MCE remote works after watching netflix.

THX
    pOpY

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got a question that maybe only related secondarily to the netflix site. When silverlight is opened to play netflix mp
    keeps running in the background, correct? Because I set mp to adjust the master volume instead of the wave output.
    So I expected the volume of netflix also to be changed - which did not happen.
    Does anyone know if that behaviour is intended?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've got a question that maybe only related secondarily to the netflix site. When silverlight is opened to play netflix mp
    keeps running in the background, correct? Because I set mp to adjust the master volume instead of the wave output.
    So I expected the volume of netflix also to be changed - which did not happen.
    Does anyone know if that behaviour is intended?
    This remote handling stuff is the most difficult part when it comes to the Browser Player and have changed quite a lot from the current released version of OnlineVideos compared with the latest in source repository.

@Jason Pyke is the real expert here, but when starting the BrowserPlayer we do this: InputDevices.Stop(); in order to prevent MP to interfere and react to remote commands, hence MP can not change the volume. I think there are shortcuts for the Netflix silverlight player to change the players volume and it might be possible for me to use them, but I can not promise anything.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    @Ministerk: I am also interested on the keyboard shortcuts of the silverligth player. Would like to map some buttons with eventghost end keyboard emulation.
    Have googled but didnt found anything interesting.

thx

MrGhost

Portal Member
    March 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey all,

I've installed the latest version of online videos plugin for use with Netflix on MP 1.9.0 in the Netherlands.
    Also followed the steps described in the first post.
    Unfortunately, I recieve the following error 'Unable to load profiles. ...'. I did not found any result in the forum nor with Google for this error.
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

The other sites work perfectly and so does Netflix outside Mediaportal with IE11 and Silverlight.

Thx in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom