Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey all,

I've installed the latest version of online videos plugin for use with Netflix on MP 1.9.0 in the Netherlands.
    Also followed the steps described in the first post.
    Unfortunately, I recieve the following error 'Unable to load profiles. ...'. I did not found any result in the forum nor with Google for this error.
    Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

The other sites work perfectly and so does Netflix outside Mediaportal with IE11 and Silverlight.

Thx in advance!
    The error message is mine, and not a netflix.com error, and indicates that Netflix for OnlineVideos could log in but failed to load the user profiles.
    I have noticed this error one time myself, then it was a temporary error on netflix.com. Have you tried the site later on, still have problems?

Do you have any profiles defined, if not could you goto netflix and add one? Does it work then?

Me and my family visiting my parents for christmas and I'm not going to work with OnlineVideos until the new year.

I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Last edited:

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    @Jason Pyke is the real expert here, but when starting the BrowserPlayer we do this: InputDevices.Stop(); in order to prevent MP to interfere and react to remote commands, hence MP can not change the volume. I think there are shortcuts for the Netflix silverlight player to change the players volume and it might be possible for me to use them, but I can not promise anything.

I've just tried the MasterVolume on my local instance and it seems to work OK , so hopefully the new remote handling will fix this without needing to work anything into the Netflix code (hopefully!).

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
    April 12, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    It'll be supplied in the next release, but if you'd like an early access I can send you the files - PM me your email address and I can send them on.

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011
    Hey guys.

Me again
    Hope you all had nice Christmas?

Is there any way to get stereo downmixing to work?

I cant hear the voices good, but The FX is really loud. My Htpc is connected with HDMI to my LG TV which has stereo speakers.

In MP i am using AC3 filter which works really well, but how can ill get it to work withThe silverlight player ?

THX
    pOpY

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Ministerk: I am also interested on the keyboard shortcuts of the silverligth player. Would like to map some buttons with eventghost end keyboard emulation.
    Have googled but didnt found anything interesting.
    thx

I've used this site as "reference": http://markwarren.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/netflix-movie-player-keyboard-shortcuts/

Is there any way to get stereo downmixing to work?
    I'm afraid it's already mixed from Netflix; only stereo audio in the silverlight and html5 player.
    https://help.netflix.com/article/en/node/14163:
    5.1 surround sound is not currently supported while streaming on a computer using Microsoft Silverlight or HTML5

popy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2011

thx for the reference site.

I'm afraid it's already mixed from Netflix; only stereo audio in the silverlight and html5 player.
    https://help.netflix.com/article/en/node/14163:

hmm, thx for that info. I wanted to watch "21 jump street" and the spoken words was really hard to hear!
    Will try other content, maybe its just 21 jump street...

thx
    pOpY

PS: Happy new year (if we dont hear us again)

MrGhost

Portal Member
    March 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The error message is mine, and not a netflix.com error, and indicates that Netflix for OnlineVideos could log in but failed to load the user profiles.
    I have noticed this error one time myself, then it was a temporary error on netflix.com. Have you tried the site later on, still have problems?

Do you have any profiles defined, if not could you goto netflix and add one? Does it work then?

Me and my family visiting my parents for christmas and I'm not going to work with OnlineVideos until the new year.

I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Thx for the fast response! Have added new profiles, but still no luck. Have tried the site multiple times and cleared cache and all. No luck.
    I will try to get some logs and post these. If, in the meantime, you have other suggestions, I am all ears :).

Wish you all the best for 2015!

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom